Paddock stands

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to remove the center stand from my bike, but not before I have a set of paddock stands for my shop. If anybody has recommendations for some good quality stands that don't cost too much, let me know. There are some super cheap options out there with suspect quality. Just looking for a good deal on a decent set of stands.

Thanks in advance for your experience and opinion.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of PitBull stands and a set of the cheap Venom stands. There’s a huge difference in the quality and stability. I use the Venom ones for storing my beater track bike in the corner of my garage. Any real wrenching on the bikes I will use the PitBulls. (I think I picked up the Venom ones for like $20 when I bought a Pitbull from some guy.)

Search Craigslist and FB marketplace for a used set of Pit Bulls. You might be able to find a set for $150 that will outlast you and can be used on almost any bike you buy in the future.

Why are you removing the center stand?

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW I bought a pair of Venom stands off eBay. I am pleased with the quality and ease of use. The price for two was less than a single Pitbull.

I'll be tracking the bike this summer, provided we are able to run track days again. I also just really prefer the look of the bike without the center stand. If I was going to be doing multi-day tours or riding into remote places with this bike, I would certainly keep it.

Edit: I realize I asked for advice and then ignored it :rolleyes: I'll probably end up with a set of Pitbulls at some point anyway

Last edited:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a PitBull front end stand like that on my FZ6. I can’t remember if it was the FZ6 or a different bike, but I think you might have to unplug and remove the horn to use it.

Last edited:

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't comment on the pitbull stands as I haven't seen/used them, but there are 2 main types of cheap Chinese stands, sold under various brands:

1- the ones with thin rod reinforcements on the arms, and often having no cross reinforcement, like this one : https://i1.adis.ws/i/washford/552379?w=740&h=555&qlt=75&fmt=webp&v=1
2-the ones with pipe reinforcements on the arms, and pipe cross reinforcement, like this one: https://www.lingshondaparts.com/med...3b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/p/d/pdsr001_web.jpg

#1 is crap
#2 is strong enough for a FZ6. I've also sat on the bike with a passenger while the bike was on the stands and it still held just fine. Got them for around $35/each 4 years ago and they're still working fine. If I ever got a really heavy bike I would weld some flat steel bar on the sides for some extra safety and still use them.