Pair of Internet-Famous FZ6s for Sale (Vancouver, Canada)

Little Red

Opinionated Road User
Reaction score
Visit site
The https://m-h-c.ca/ couple are upgrading to adventure-touring bikes, which means their trusty and well-maintained road bikes are now up for sale!

STATS:
One Royal Red 2006 Yamaha FZ-6. One owner, excellent condition: 60,575 Kms (mostly touring Kms). Michelin Pilot 5 Road tires (2019).
One Black 2008 Yamaha FZ-6. Third owner, excellent condition: 73,663 Kms (mostly touring Kms). Michelin Pilot 4 Road tires (2017).

FZ-6s are justly famous for being low and well-balanced: they're great for commuting and for touring. A "Swiss Army Knife" of a motorcycle with 4-cylinder performance enough for seasoned street rider, but forgiving enough for a newbie.

Dual under-seat exhaust keeps pipes away from human legs, and in 13 years of touring, the great design means the seat has never gotten hot, no matter how many hours ridden.

MAINTENANCE:
Every manufacturer maintenance interval met, and pre-tour inspections conducted by our mechanics before every tour. Our mechanics say that, with proper maintenance, these motorcycles have another 20 years of service ahead of them.

Red had front forks repacked 2017; valves checked 2016 (not due again for over 20,000 Kms).
Black had valves done in August 2019.
Itemized maintenance records available for both bikes.

Always garage-kept, and when touring stored under cover every night, chains maintained and tires checked (see images - sorry, motorcycle covers not part of this sale). Some surface scratches, but no rust or corrosion.
Never stored: always ridden.

MODS (RED):
Oxford heated grips, comfy custom Laam touring seat, double-always-on headlights, SW Motech pannier rack with a pair of removable Shad SH43 side-cases, carbon-look frame-sliders. Front and back Galfer braided brake lines convey with the sale but have not yet been installed.

MODS (BLACK):
Oxford heated grips, comfy custom Laam touring seat, Pazzo adjustable levers, Golfer braided brake lines, extended frame-sliders, 12-volt adapter (cigarette-lighter style), trickle-charger easy connectors, handlebar risers (not currently installed).

SALE:
Bikes sold together as a set: $6,400 CAD firm - Test ride with cash in hand.
Text +1 604 499 2074

REASON FOR SELLING:
We are changing our touring style to include more off-road riding, and that would be wrong to do to these bikes. We wouldn't be selling them if we had the parking space to keep them for riding in town or on a day trip to Whistler: our lack of real-estate is your good luck!

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
“Always ridden, never stored” (as mentioned on the homepage)...

+1 to that. A buddy of mine bought an FZ6 from 2008 with only 10.000 km on the clock. Oh dear have he had problems with those front forks and their gaskets...!
Mine has ridden nearly 80.000 km (60.000 of those are mine) since 2006 and never had a single issue with any gasket.