Pinolito13

Reaction score
Visit site
New to riding, just got a Fz6 and am in love. Im wondering if anyone knows where I can get parts? My sensor is going off stating my kick stand is down when it is not - I was pre-warned I need a new sensor by the guy who sold it to me. Any ideas what its called or where to go?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If this has been misdiagnosed you'll be spending a lot more money than you need to. Can you tell us a little more about the symptoms?

Is the bike just shutting off on you while in gear or riding?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Pinolito13

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had two mechanics tell me that's the problem. The bike has never shut off on me once it's on. Sometimes it won't turn on at all and the engine light shows. Turning it on and off a time or two usually does the trick but I'd rather just replace it than deal with it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you I will def take a look

You can check/clean the switch W/O disconnecting it from the harness. Simply un-bolt it from the mount. As I recall there's 2 screws and the cover comes off. Besides the contacts in there, there's a spring that sometimes rusts up/breaks.

You can literally place the switch on a short stool next to the bike and pull it apart right there.

A retractable "pen" spring worked for another members bike when his spring was rusted away (causing no contact).

Should you clean it out, put some Di-lectric grease in there to prevent future corrosion. I pulled mine apart probably 3 years ago (no issues), cleaned out the old grease and re-greased (just preventive maintainance.

Please post what you find and good luck..