PCV tuned but looks like too rich

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
So i bought a PCV and had a guy dynotune it. It runs so much nicer, it loves to be opened up! i have a akrapovic slip on the only main mod. Only problem is my fuel economy dropped about 10mpg+. now i know the fuel economy may decrease but that seems like a pretty steep trade off. Also to mention, there has been a build up of black residue coming from my exhaust assuming from gas. i also run recreational gas and hadthat in the tank while it was getting tuned. What do you guys think? should i try to mess with the map or go with another map to find online? Thanks!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Post the results? Hopefully it includes AFR w/rwhp...

I'm running an afr of 13:0.1 for tps over 30%, open exhaust, +6.5 ignition advance and a 48 tooth rear sprocket and 40mpg. Used to average 44 to 46 playing with high of 50 in stock trim. The happiness exceeds the mpg loss. Nose up in 1st an 2nd....

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Whelp, i just screwed myself because i accidentally saved over the original map. Sucks because i spent a decent amount on the tune :(.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whelp, i just screwed myself because i accidentally saved over the original map. Sucks because i spent a decent amount on the tune :(.
If you never pulled the map from your fuel controller the tuner who did your bike may still have your map. Can you contact the tuner? Maps are sort if critical and you should tune with the fuel you run on the street. Also are you sure you lost the map? Does the PCB have multimaps that stay in memory so that you can swap them?

Sent from Moto's Motorola

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
They do have the back up but I somehow managed to save the map, run a new map and save the new map over the original. I'm gonna give the guy who did my tune tomorrow and just pray in the mean time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk