• Pirelli Angel GT for $266

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used PR2s front and rear once my stock tyres wore out and they were amazing. I used up two PR2s on my rear and I bought a PR3 as a replacement for my PR2 rear and it wasn't as good. Now my front and rears have both worn down again I've now got PR4 front and rear and IMHO there is not a better sport touring tyre for grip and longevity. I do a lot of motorway (read highway) riding and it's lasted well (it does eventually flatten off but that's cos nearly all my riding is in a straight line at 75mph). It's amazing! Better than the PR2 and definitely better than the PR3. You usually get the best deal for buying them online and taking them to a local tyre place for fitting.

I agree with Sanger, I liked my PR2's but was not impressed when I switched to the 3's but I love the 4's :thumbup:

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got them installed! mototireusa.com in Fenton Missouri.. $140 for installation on the bike.. Look awesome and cant wait to get them out on the road..

C7270B3F-3BA5-440C-84EE-3F24B001E07C_1.jpg

10C91946-83C4-4F7A-AA64-141FEC3CE781.jpg

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! Man is it robbery what they charge to mount tires on a motorcycle...

I'm going to totally hit up Erci when I have to do mine and put in the work myself with his mounting/balancing machine when I finally mount my new Dunlop Q2s

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! Man is it robbery what they charge to mount tires on a motorcycle...

I'm going to totally hit up Erci when I have to do mine and put in the work myself with his mounting/balancing machine when I finally mount my new Dunlop Q2s

No joke, I have 20" wheels on my Dodge Ram and only paid $80 for mount and balancing for all 4.. ha! Hey, its done right and they guarantee the balance and any issues with the mount (not sure what can go wrong) plus they use the awesome "No-Mar System".. So no scratching the rims..

http://www.mototireusa.com/Articles.asp?ID=253

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been running PR4's for two sets now, but i still think the Metzler z8"s were the best tire I haveridden on
warm up fats stick like sh1t to a blanket on the road in the wet, they just gave so much on road confidence.
Just a pity they are hard to find locally. I know they are available but when I need a tire change its easier to go back to yamaha service, and they only stock the Michys

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm getting new tyres for my Tracer on Saturday, I'm going for the new road 5's (Michelin). I always really liked the pilot roads and will be very happy to get off my D222's (Supplied new with my bike ) after 20K kilometers on them. Here's a german test for touring tyres:
https://www.motorradonline.de/motorradreifen-und-raeder/tourenreifen-test-120-70-zr-17-und-180-55-zr-17.1014462.html
But as they say the tyres nowadays are so close to each other in performance that it normally comes down to a personal preference. BTW you can use google translate if you don't speak German :)

I must admit this test was done with a heavier bike than the fz-6 and this could make a difference as well.

Last edited: