Pirelli Angel GT

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Bit the bullet today and had a new set of these put on. Looking to get a reliable 8-9k out of these I hope. They look good and even rode the new tire home in the rain. Seemed to work very well vrs the dunlops I had before. Will keep this updates as time goes on and they wear.

Final price of tires with mount and install-- 437$

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Bit the bullet today and had a new set of these put on. Looking to get a reliable 8-9k out of these I hope. They look good and even rode the new tire home in the rain. Seemed to work very well vrs the dunlops I had before. Will keep this updates as time goes on and they wear.

A) they will definitely last that long just run them at your recommended pressures.
B) learn to take the wheels off the bike and save yourself $100 each tire change. It's surprisingly simple

paulie75

Reaction score
Visit site

I have a little over 2k on mine and I am very happy with them. I did a 1300 mile trip up to Colorado last month and they grabbed the roads on the corners and di great in the rain at highway speeds. I hope to get more miles then you but I'm pretty easy on the throttle!

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy ****, revzilla has the tires for $305 to your door. How much was mounting??

Dealer charges 100$ an hour, unfortunately its really the only bike shop in my immediate vicinity. Why I havnt ridden it in 2 months.

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Been wanting to give the Angel GT's a try for about a year. I am on my second set of PR2's that will deliver 12k plus miles. That is a very tough act to follow.
Nonetheless I thought I would try something different and will probably put these on in the upcoming winter off season

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Been wanting to give the Angel GT's a try for about a year. I am on my second set of PR2's that will deliver 12k plus miles. That is a very tough act to follow.
Nonetheless I thought I would try something different and will probably put these on in the upcoming winter off season

If you're looking for strict mileage i'm not sure the Angel's will match up, but as far as grip/longevity these things are great.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I got at least 7k out of my Angel STs before they were corded in the center. The previous owner put them on, but I don't know how many miles he rode them. I have the GTs now with about 1k on them and I agree, they're great tires.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Are these any better than Michelin Road 2/3/4? I can find Road 2's for $260 shipped to my door and I've heard FZ6's owners claim over 10K miles on them.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Are these any better than Michelin Road 2/3/4? I can find Road 2's for $260 shipped to my door and I've heard FZ6's owners claim over 10K miles on them.
Also interested in this question. I'm going to need new tires within a season or two and want to know the best tire for me (which means reading a lot about the different tires people have tried).

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like a pretty good tire and the price isn't bad. Around $400 seems to always be what it costs to get new tires.

I'm running Bridgestone T30s right now, and while I'd like to try something else with my next set of tires I don't have any complaints for the T30s. So I might just stick with Bridgestone.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems like a pretty good tire and the price isn't bad. Around $400 seems to always be what it costs to get new tires.

It just blows my mind that motorcycle tires and their installation cost this much. I can get new tires on my car for around $400.

I've been changing my own tires since my first change at 5,000 miles and have changed over 6 sets of tires since. Total investment in my No Mar tire changing tools and harbor freight tire changer tool was around $200. I figure I've saved over $400 in mounting/balancing costs and I know the tires were done right. I've also helped fellow motorcyclists mount their own tires which is a win win situation.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
It just blows my mind that motorcycle tires and their installation cost this much. I can get new tires on my car for around $400.

I've been changing my own tires since my first change at 5,000 miles and have changed over 6 sets of tires since. Total investment in my No Mar tire changing tools and harbor freight tire changer tool was around $200. I figure I've saved over $400 in mounting/balancing costs and I know the tires were done right. I've also helped fellow motorcyclists mount their own tires which is a win win situation.

Well a motorcycle is pretty much a performance vehicle... if you go with a rock hard tire (what you likely have on your car for $400) your cost will drastically decrease.

My car costs a minimum of $1,000 for new tires and I tend to go through them in 10,000 - 15,000 miles. Only have 7,000 on my current Goodyears and they're not looking good.

Motorcycle tires are a little bit cheaper.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com

My buddy and I just picked up a used No Mar Cycle Hill. I did my last set of tires with tire spoons and nearly took my head off when one took flight.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Well a motorcycle is pretty much a performance vehicle... if you go with a rock hard tire (what you likely have on your car for $400) your cost will drastically decrease.

My car costs a minimum of $1,000 for new tires and I tend to go through them in 10,000 - 15,000 miles. Only have 7,000 on my current Goodyears and they're not looking good.

Motorcycle tires are a little bit cheaper.

Yah if contrasted to a performance car, the bike tires are cheap. Even for a decent W or Y rated will run 6-700

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
So you spend $400 in tires every 8,000 miles or so. But compared to driving a pickup truck 8,000 miles you save over $1,500 in fuel costs every 8,000 miles. For some people a motorcycle can't begin to pay for itself but those people don't commute to work on their motorcycle every day.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, my car does about 25 MPG so I would have to do about 60,000 miles on my FZ6 for it to pay for itself and that's not including maintenance and insurance.

If I really wanted to save money, I would sell my pretty new car and pick up a winter beater. I could use the bike as reliable transportation as long as it's above 40 degrees out and then my $1,000 jalopy when it's snowing. As it stands I would pretty have to not drive my car during riding season for the next ten years to hit 60,000 miles in just commuting.

Now if my car got 15 MPG it would only take about 24,000 miles to recoup the cost of the bike.

The crazy thing is the bump from a 45mpg bike to a 65mpg bike would only save $300 / 12,000 miles, but a bump from a 15 mpg car to a 25 mpg car saves $1,200 / 12,000 miles. So getting a more fuel efficient bike than the FZ doesn't even really help this scenario.

I do this for a living, so I'v tried to crunch the numbers every possible way, the only conclusion I come to (if I want to save money) is to sell my car.
But I digress.... we were talking about tires right?

Last edited: