Projector question

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at the H1 stageIII projector kit. I've found lots of guides and recommendations on this site. My question is about the shroud of the projectors. I am not sure if the mini turbine shroud will fit well within the headlight housing. if anyone has any experience with this, i am looking for some more input. This is a picture example of what i want to do: mini_turbine_hid_headlight_retrofit_projector_shrouds_action_1.jpg I'm planning to put the halo just like the picture and am going to paint the inside of the headlight housing black as well. Am also afraid it may over the top and look tacky. Thanks!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the mini gatling gun shrouds. they look good and fit fine. I am glad I painted the reflector black. I used black satin paint made for use on plastic, one tip though scuff the surface of the shroud and reflector before you paint them - even though they say it isn't needed. use something like 1000 or 1500 grit or finer

fz6-Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the mini gatling gun shrouds. they look good and fit fine. I am glad I painted the reflector black. I used black satin paint made for use on plastic, one tip though scuff the surface of the shroud and reflector before you paint them - even though they say it isn't needed. use something like 1000 or 1500 grit or finer

Thanks for the advice! Luckily I have some 1500 grit ready for use when I decide to pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dkobra

Reaction score
Visit site
I have black paint on my reflectors and projectors as well. Just keep in mind that you'll lose some extra spread and light by painting the reflectors.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
With projectors one of the main objectives is to have a nice clean beam of light and a crisp line cutoff. I didn't think painting or not painting the reflectors would affect anything other than how it looks. IMO black looks really nice with the projectors. with regard to extra spread of light - not what you want. if there was any possibility of spread or scatter of light by not painting the reflectors.. I definately would paint the reflectors..