Ran out of gas, now wont start, What do i do?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you to every one on here from keeping me from spending no telling what, just kept the bike full throttle kept spraying starter fluid into the throttle bodies and it finally sparked to life! woo, got to go for a long enjoyable ride before heading back to College, taking the bike to dads to put into a garage till i get back. :thumbup:

Excellent!

I'd put some Sefoam or such in it to keep the fuel system clean and the fuel from fouling...

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you to every one on here from keeping me from spending no telling what, just kept the bike full throttle kept spraying starter fluid into the throttle bodies and it finally sparked to life! woo, got to go for a long enjoyable ride before heading back to College, taking the bike to dads to put into a garage till i get back. :thumbup:

Wow, who would have ever guessed....:confused:

Glad it worked for you.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like the problem I had after having the tank up doing some work on the FZ. It would crank but not start. Could hear the fuel pump running when the key was turned then stopping as normal just would not start. Read the thread about it getting flooded so tried holding the throttle wide open while cranking - took a looooong time (probably 25 or 30 second) to start firing and then took a couple of tries to get it to run. Once I had it running it was fine.

Thanks for the post as it helps in case I run out of gas and it doesn't want to start.

bdedeyn

Reaction score
Visit site
The kill switch on the right handlebar is turned to run correct? (...)

Apologies for bumping an old thread in advance.

Just wanted to say thank you. I got my first bike two months ago and this morning it suddenly stalled mid drive. I somehow must have touched the kill switch and could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong. I almost called assistance to tow my bike and get a lift to work, simply because I flipped the kill switch by accident. Rookie mistake I won't make again.

EDIT: I must add I was running low on gas at the moment, so I thought I was out of fuel. I should have known what was happening when I didn't hear the fuel pump start up after filling up though.

Last edited: