Rear Brake Disc for free

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Disc for free. Just pay the shipping.

Comes from an 07, with plenty of life left.

Had to replace the front disc and bought a full set. So I replaced the back at the same time and this one is not being used.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry no caliper. The front had to be replaced and it was visible where the pads used up the disc; nothing like that on the back. The rear pads, which I haven't replaced in the last 20,000km were also in good conditions meaning that the rear brake was not used often. Also the shop told me there's plenty of life left, so that's the only measurement I have.

Scott, I got a set from eBay, which came with the rear disc. Probably a generic one and probably not as good as the OEM but I wanted the rear to match the front ones. Here is a pic of the new one.

DSC_0305.jpg

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks pretty slick.

Did you notice any difference in performance?

yes it did. After a few kms breaking in, the brake feels tighter and the braking power comes gradually. It was previously soft braking to sudden rear wheel lock. Nothing mind blowing though but the difference could be felt. Mind you that I replaced the disc, pads and rear tire at the same time. So it is probably a combination of all that gives it a tighter feel.