Replacement fuel pump or entire assembly

Atdoel

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 FZ6 that's sat in storage for a few years, with gas. The tank has rusted pretty bad, along with the fuel pump. The fuel sender also stopped working.

I know it's hard to tell from a picture, but can I just get a new pump or do I need a new assembly? Not exactly sure how to rewire this fuel sender or if it'll even work if I do.IMG_43871.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would use electronic cleaner on the fuel sending unit and see if you can get that working (probably with a good cleaner).

If that works, you can get a replacement pump for way cheaper than the Yamaha pump:

If the sender doesn't work, I don't know of any replacements..

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would use electronic cleaner on the fuel sending unit and see if you can get that working (probably with a good cleaner).

If that works, you can get a replacement pump for way cheaper than the Yamaha pump:

.... Scott beat me again! Maybe the Blue REALLY IS faster! :)

Atdoel

Reaction score
Visit site

any suggestion on how to reattach the black wire on the sender to the plug?

Atdoel

Reaction score
Visit site
A few forum members have had good luck with this: https://www.highflowfuel.com/ag-132...rcycle-scooter-2005-yamaha-fz6-fazer-efi.html

A WHOLE lot cheaper than the OEM part.

As for the sender, you might try some contact cleaner in the contacts. Otherwise you will need to find a used one or bite the bullet and purchase a new OEM Yamaha fuel pump assembly for about $400
Any idea why the replacement pump only has two wires on the replacement plug? Factory plug has three.

pmmcanon

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Curious about why did you disassemble the conectors, it's possible to dismount it just unpluging them.