Ride For Dad 2011

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone doing the Ride for Dad here in Edmonton? Shout out if you are! I'm in the registration building now.

Cheers and safe riding. :cheer:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear the weather guessers up there were wrong, again!
Or are you riding in the rain?
Either way, hope you had fun :Sport:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the weather did cooperate today and it actually turned out to be a great day riding for raising money toward the cure for prostate cancer. Spent 400km on the bike, and I'm beat tired!

She's stuck in a mass of cruisers at the staging of the ride out.
attachment.php

What's an event without the motorcycle police
attachment.php

Some people have the strangest riding mates
attachment.php

Nice to see some FZ1's in the mass of bikes
attachment.php

Most excitement these ladies have seen all day
attachment.php

Definitely a nice day for a ride with some friends
attachment.php

Last edited:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great looking day out mate , I would have loved to have been there with you :D the weather here today is crap at best :(

Sorry to hear that Dan. Would have been fun to have you out on the ride. Maybe next year I should try and organize an FZ6 group to participate. There's at least a dozen of us around here.

Nice pics, thanks, pleased that the weather held out for you :thumbup: great cause too.

Definitely a great cause and and good excuse to pass on the house chores to get in some riding.

Great pics and for a good cause too! Those FZ's always stand out in a crowd:thumbup:

It does stand out for sure. Too bad, like every year, my baby is the only one in the crowd. MB FZ's gota represent next go around.

One of the nice things about these rides is it takes you to little towns you've never been too before, and they can be quite nice.
attachment.php

If you ever thought why the FZ6, here's a good reason. I took on a full tank at the beginning of the ride. While everyone else had to take on fuel half way, I didn't need to fuel up until we got back into the city!
attachment.php

It is a combined fund raiser and a poker run for the riders. Many of the volunteers offering their time to validate the card draws at each town we stopped in.
attachment.php

I saw this chopper, thought of Shrevy. Definitely all kinds of bikes at this event.
attachment.php

Just the coordination to handle the over 1000+ bikes at each destination is a logistical nightmare. They even had a distraught father of the bride call into the organizers begging them to relocate the preplanned route past the church. We're not hooligan's, they complied.
attachment.php

All kinds of riders came out today for the cause.
attachment.php

Last edited: