Rider Height Vs. Bike Size For New Rider

S

sm00thpapa

(don't get me started on my experience doing the Figure-8 in the MSF course, with the little 250cc's horn button jammed into my knee while I rode out of the damn box...). :rolleyes:

Those figure 8's in the MSF killed me also, I was kind of surprised they passed me, but then again they pass everyone in the BRC. :thumbup:

Also you look HUGE on that bike. But at 6'5" you might look huge on any sport bike.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'8" and don't have any trouble on my FZ...The riding boots I have add a little extra height which allows me to get a little more of my feet on the deck. Either way, I find that I typically plant my right foot and leave my left foot up on the peg ready to shift.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride it precisely because of its size! I'm 6'5" and 230 and there's only a few nikes (other than cruisers) that fit me. I love my FZ6!

BCFZRider

Reaction score
www.iwc-solutions.com
I'm 6'3 and between 270 and 290 depending on the season. I'm a bit of a gorilla on the bike. I find the bike very comfortable despite my large frame, my biggest gripe is the sore knees after riding 600 miles a day last summer on my first week of ownership. If I could move the pegs down and forward a bit, I would be very happy. I'm debating getting a thicker seat made by Rich soon.

Although I did read that the FZ1 has a taller seat.... :Flash:

treevis

Please do not climb
Reaction score
Visit site
Those figure 8's in the MSF killed me also, I was kind of surprised they passed me, but then again they pass everyone in the BRC. :thumbup:

Also you look HUGE on that bike. But at 6'5" you might look huge on any sport bike.

Here Here to the figure 8's. I rode a CBR125 for my safety course. I could not turn the handlebars without my knees getting in the way. At 6'8" and 275, I dwarf just about any bike out there. I make my FZ6 look like a pocket bike. I would definately recommend it for taller riders. I have a buddy that has a gixxer and I wouldn't even be able to ride it.

As for the bike as your first bike, get used and be careful. Don't dump yours like I dumped mine a couple weeks ago :(