Riding pants

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ladies, I am looking for some input on riding pants. Currently, I am wearing nice leather chaps over blue jeans but with no armor. I like the thought of leather protection. I was looking at these Scorpion pants that come in either leather:

Scorpion Women's Haley Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

or nylon:
Scorpion Women's Savannah Pants - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Does anyone have some suggestions? Also, do you wear leather or nylon pants when it's hot?

Thanks for any suggestions!

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a lady but I just purchased some pants for my wife. The main problem for her is she is 5'10" so the inseam can be tricky. I purchased Women's alter ego overpants for the hot weather. The have velcro at the waist and the bottoms of the legs for adjustments. The nifty part too is that the pant legs can be shortened using a snap system in the bottom of the legs in case you have difficulty matching size and length.

Also if you aren't familiar with the website I linked the pants from you may want to browse some there, even if you don't purchase there, as they have great reviews and additional product info and photos. And the ship fast ordered last fri and arrived tuesday.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you thought about Draggin jeans or similar?

They have armored inserts and are woven Kevlar,so offer plenty of protection yet as light and comfy as regular jeans

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
For warm/hot weather, I currently wear Draggin Jeans with FOX knee/shin guards underneath. However, if I had the extra cash I would probably try out a pair or pants that have more mesh and armor built into them. It seems we're constantly under a heat advisory lately!

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the alter egos; they'll actually zip to my mesh Joe Rocket jacket. They're also at a pretty reasonable price for what you get!

SWMGMC

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear Shift "Silouhette" (sp?) jeans.. Very comfy, Kevlar on the inside..fit size is comparable to regular jean size .. Inexpensive if you go to MotoSport.com

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
It's always great to get feedback on what other women like - there are so many choices, and we typically have to order online. I purchased the Women's alter ego pants by Scorpion, and while I like the fit etc., the zipper won't stay up and the snaps at the waist are cheap and will pop open unexpectedly (don't worry, the pants DO fit). Also, the optional liner ripped down along the calf the first time I used them. I should have returned the pants...

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear Shift jeans too. They fit OK, but they wore through the seat after about two weeks. I put a patch on them and kept wearing them, because I feel safer in them than in regular jeans. But I think next spring I'll buy some leather pants or something with armor. Every once in a while I read the term split kneecap, and it gives me the willies.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Susan, Did you get new riding pants yet? I am looking for some new ones. I usually wear Kevlar lined jeans but I am thinking I want more protection. I am finding that very few women's riding pants have adequate armor. It's all about the style. Not!!! I want protection.

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
You can get Bohn armor to wear underneath your pants. The Bohn pants are tight legging like things that have knee, hip, shin, thigh and tail armor in them. I have worn them under the Kevlar jeans but they make it hard to wear the chaps on top because of the added width to your leg.
The best pants are probably the motorport kevlar over pants but they are $500. I'm hoping to get a pair at some point.
The women's pants mostly seem like a waste to me since most of them don't look like they offer much protection.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up buying a pair of Tour Master Venture Pants. They have an insulated liner that comes out easy, armor in the knee and padding at the hips. Reinforced seat and lots of reflective panel. The only problem I have had is that the zipper at the back (to attach to jacket) went in the opposite direction than the zipper on my Joe Rocket jacket. I cut off the zipper from the pants and sewed on the other half of my Joe Rocket zipper to the pants in the right direction. Now I can use it with both my Joe Rocket textile jacket and my mesh jacket. The Tour Master pants have Velcro at the waist to adjust fit. The length is barely long enough for me. I am 5'8" with 36 inseam. I am happy with them so far. The weather hasn't been warm enough to try the pants without the liner. I am anticipating getting to find that out next weekend when we head to Death Valley.