RJ2112 Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Time for another...RJ2112

What do you do for a living?
Test and evaluation for electronics.... emissions, and environmental concerns.

How long have you owned your FZ6?
Since Sept 2005

What other modes of transport do you have?
40 MPG car

If you could have any bike what would it be?
That's a tough one. I'd like to ride a 1098 at least once..... the KTM Super Duke if I could afford the gas...... Triumph Speed Triple.... If I had my choice, it would have to be lighter than the FZ6, just as comfortable, with a bit more power.... and better suspension out of the box.

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Outdoor stuff. Building farm structures and creating from scratch -- 'Jethro' engineering.

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
Diego Garcia. Middle of the Indian Ocean, near the equator, powdered sugar looking sand, mostly quiet, and unpopulated. A great getaway. Singapore was a close second. That's the cleanest, neatest city I have ever been to.

How would you best describe yourself?
Quiet, thoughtful, independent.

What pets have you got?
We own: 3 ducks, 3 chickens, 3 cats, 2 mini horses, 1 mini donkey, 3 Icelandic horses, 3 Bourke's parakeets.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
The Internet.

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Laws.

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
Stand-up comedy.

Snow or beach?
Beach.

Windows or Mac?
Windows

F1 or MotoGP?
GP

Which track or album rocks your boat?
Too many to list.... depends on my mood. Right now, Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant Massacre' is running through my head.

What is your favorite film?
Serenity

Meat or Veg?
Meat

What is your favorite beverage?
Dortmunder Union Dopplespaten.

And finally, your number one rule in life?
"Experience is what you get, right after you needed it." Wil Rogers.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Laws.

You can't be serious here right?

You've seen how traffic flows in other parts of the world, where there are less laws, right? It may not look like what you expect, but it works without the unecessary overhead.

I believe in the minimum amount of legislation that is practical. Tell me the tax code makes sense......... That's a crystal clear example of what sorts of laws are completely unworkable.

What's the point in many of the laws that are not enforced? Jaywalking in NYC? Jim Crowe laws in the South?

Does it really take legislation to tell you what's right, and what's wrong?

When it gets to teh point that I need a contract with a lawyer to dispute a law..... something's seriously wrong with the system.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the thinking RJ, agree 100%....was in Scotland in '07....30MPH speed limit
in town, sensible, and generally obeyed...out of town, no limit posted that I could see, I asked about it and got nothing but shrugs, as fast as your abilities
and the quality of your vehicle allow was the only answer I got..made sense,
and really didn't see it being abused, people were better drivers because of it

another example, I have family in the Bahamas and St. Lucia, no drinking age,
and basically no drinking laws of any kind in either place, you know what? there
is very little alcohol abuse

and I like the interview, like your posts, no sugar coating, straight to the point

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Thanks...... life is too short, to spend time jerking around. (Well, most of the time....)

My Mom was English, her parents moved to Peterborough from Scotland before she was born.... stubborn, proud, whip smart, and quite opinionated. The English view of law is that you are guilty until proven innocent. Mom got put on jury duty after she was naturalized as a US citizen..... the defense lawyer asked her what she thought about his client being arrested? "He's guilty." "Why do you say that?" the lawyer asked. Mom: "The police officer would not have arrested him if he wasn't." (She was excused, and to my knowledge was not called back.)

'Gene pool' law enforcement is a good idea, in my view..... I happen to think that it is a very bad idea to regulate tabacco, alcohol and almost all drugs. Give the people what they think they want..... the ones that can't figure it out for themselves will 'self regulate'..... the rest of the folk who have decided such activities are counter productive will avoid of their own volition.

When all of us ride bikes that easily violate the posted limits, and do so on a fairly regular basis (I challange anyone on this board to say they haven't blown away a 25, or 35 MPH posted speed limit).... isn't it a bit facetious to say we have a strong dedication to Law?

The less meddling the government does in the business of the people, the better off the people are.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
another Wil Rogers quote I am fond of goes something along the lines of "your personal rights only go as far as the tip of your nose."

He was a big believer in the idea of a 'trickle up' economy.... don't take my money in taxes so you can give it back to me as a hand out. There's too much markup involved....