Road Noise from Dunlop RoadSmart II

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody here experienced road noise from their RoadSmart II - or heard of it?

I put one on the rear of my FZ6 earlier this year and I've logged about 2500 miles since then. I love most things about the tire. The turn in is much improved from the worn out RS I it replaced. Traction, wet & dry, and wear - so far- have been great.

However, from the time I put the tire on I've noticed that once it's gotten warmed up I hear quite a bit of hum, aparently from the tread hitting the road. At first I thought it might have been the chain telling me that it was getting junked up and or that the front sprocket was, But I cleaned those up and nothing changed about the sound. I checked the pressure and it doesn't seem to change the sound. Lately I've been keeping it high, near 40 for times when my wife rides pillion. Just recently I put the bike up on the center stand after a short ride and the noise went away, so I'm pretty sure the chain is not the source.

The grooves are wider and more nearly direct across each side of the contact surface - less S shaped than they were on the RS I. So I'm guessing that it's just a noisier tire.

Chris