S1 and S2 frame question? HELP

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to know if there is a difference from the 04-06 to the 07 08 frames. It seems they carry different part numbers. Im looking to purchase a frame on ebay for my 08 Fz6 and swap all of my parts swing arm suspension breaks everything onto that frame. most of them are 05 or 06 but i cant visibly see a difference on any diagrams. Im also not sure if the part number is relative to color or actual design. Im actually eyeballing a silver frame with minor scratches because i think it would pop among st all the black. If anyone has swapped a frame/motor/swing arm or all the above please chime in. i really want to get back on the road ASAP.

Cheers and love.

Nuud.

P.s. I am planning to use all stock parts and do some maintenance while im at it. I just cant see a difference. Maybe somebody cracked their frame and or something doing awesome wheelies and went to other years for replacement?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to know if there is a difference from the 04-06 to the 07 08 frames. It seems they carry different part numbers. Im looking to purchase a frame on ebay for my 08 Fz6 and swap all of my parts swing arm suspension breaks everything onto that frame. most of them are 05 or 06 but i cant visibly see a difference on any diagrams. Im also not sure if the part number is relative to color or actual design. Im actually eyeballing a silver frame with minor scratches because i think it would pop among st all the black. If anyone has swapped a frame/motor/swing arm or all the above please chime in. i really want to get back on the road ASAP.

Cheers and love.

Nuud.

P.s. I am planning to use all stock parts and do some maintenance while im at it. I just cant see a difference. Maybe somebody cracked their frame and or something doing awesome wheelies and went to other years for replacement?

I cant say they do and I cant say they don't. But the engines, steering stem, swing arm and tail section and exhaust hanger all swap using existing mounting points.

I'd say you are good to go! You do need to amend your tittle once the dust settles!

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant say they do and I cant say they don't. But the engines, steering stem, swing arm and tail section and exhaust hanger all swap using existing mounting points.

I'd say you are good to go! You do need to amend your tittle once the dust settles!

Ha! Good to hear! Im calling a junkyard in north florida to confirm the situation on the tittle. Hoping for clean and clear but rebuild would not bother me either. And i Agree. Hopefully the tittle to this post will read: After 3 years i finally own my bike.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think member Skooter65 was selling a frame with a clean title.

I bought something from him and it was in great shape.

No worries IMO, buying from him vs a stranger.

Just curious, what's wrong with your frame?

Last edited:

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright guys. Took the plunge and bought an 2005 silver frame with a clean tittle from a semi-local motorcycle junker here in Florida. I did PM scooter with no response. :( This will now bea complete Swap thread and maybe a jury rigging 02 R1 forks thread as well. I have the forks sitting in my storage room and its worth a shot getting them on there.