Schuberth S2 - has anyone else bought it - Reviews?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Have driven with Schuberth S1 Pro for 5 years now (never had another bike or helmet except bike school crap).

Decided to go semi big spender for my girlfriends birthsday and bought her a Schuberth C3 Lady. She had tried it in a shop during a long 1 day ride around Northern Germany and loved it...
She had a Shoei Raid which was alright (but I hated it because it made a heck of a noise in my ears when we used the Interphone F4 - Shoei Raid has nothing covering the lower chin so air just blew straight up the microphone).

I guess I got jealous... because I had to go the new buy Schuberth S2 (of course in glossy white edition). The S1 Pro has been great (still way better allrounder than most other new helmets), and I was looking forward to riding with S2.
Unfortunately it's not all good. Wind-noise seems louder than S1 Pro and when I lean down partly behind the windscreen I get a rather loud humming sound from the back of the helmet (most likely the new diffuser). Have read different tests online which statet this very problem. Most of the extra wind noise (when sitting up straight) seems to come from air being scoped up from under the helmet. I think a scarf or whatever would take care of most of this. Another rider with a different neck (thicker/shorter) might not imagine this.

Overall though it IS better. It feels lighter for me partly because I have gone a helmet-size down (in Large the outer shell is now smaller than before), and it has a better tighter (not uncomfortable) fit. All this info about how good it fits of course depends on what type of head you got :)

Clearly Schuberth has spend a ton of time in the windtunnel because there is close to zero buffeting even when riding behind trucks and vans at highway speed.

Even though it sucks up some air from under the helmet (with me wearing it) it is a very closed helmet and it can get pretty hot in there. Luckily that ventilation channel up top sucks in alot of air (2 different settings) so that works very well.

The visor is an improvement aswell. It's more or less the same as the new C3 and so on. The S1 Pro had 2 screws on each side to adjust the visor and it was damn hard make a perfect sealed fit if you (like dumbass me) had to fiddle with this. Now there is just one fit on each side the the visor and works great. I guess most other brand helmets has he same easy setting aswell.

Don't have time to continue writing...... I gotta sleep zzzzzz

Anyone else bought this helmet and maybe did some easy fix (other than wearing a scarf) to lower the windflow from below helmet please fill me in!

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
well....http://www.600riders.com/forum/riding-gear/44627-schubert-s2.html

and I'm still loving it! more and more in fact. one thing I didn't mention is that with the visor open at low speeds I tend to hear "sirens" - the turbulence apparently just hits that note around 30 kph....I've srsly turned my head more than once thinking "where the hell is that mo.....f....?"

but S2 = :rockon:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
well....http://www.600riders.com/forum/riding-gear/44627-schubert-s2.html

and I'm still loving it! more and more in fact. one thing I didn't mention is that with the visor open at low speeds I tend to hear "sirens" - the turbulence apparently just hits that note around 30 kph....I've srsly turned my head more than once thinking "where the hell is that mo.....f....?"

but S2 = :rockon:

Cool :)
And I agree... appart from being new and still pretty damn tight after 1 hour of riding it gets better and better :)