Seat recommendations...

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm interested in purchasing a new seat, as the stock sit is pretty awful, in my opinion. I get sore rather quick. I found a few threads discussing the Comfort Seat, Corbing, Terry Acdox, etc., but they are all a few years old. What is the state of the after-market seat scene at the moment? Who sells the best aftermarket seat, for comfort? Can anyone recommend a seat, it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is selling a seat, please PM me as well. Thank you!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Logged many miles with the Top Sellerie seat. Good padding and comfort for long rides. sold it though. used ones come up here every now and then

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw your PM. I got a seat custom made by Terry Adcox, details here: https://www.600riders.com/forum/ven...ts-stock-corbin-shad-comparison-pictures.html

I sold the bike last year, but I was very happy with it. I couldnt ride for an hour on the stock seat. I was defintely happy with the investment. I noticed a lot less complaining from my wife while 2-up riding as well. There’s plenty of “off the shelf” seat review threads where some people love them and some people hate them. There’s really not many people that complain about having spent money on a custom seat. Russell Day Long seats are pretty much considered the ultimate in long-distance/all-day comfort, but they’re the most expensive to buy new.

In terms of mods, what I find worth spending money on is things that allow me to ride more, or more often. So this would be aftermarket seat, luggage, heated grips, auxiliary lights, etc. Aftermarket seats seem expensive, but if I said “hey you could buy a $5000 motorcycle that hurts your ass and you’ll want to park after an hour, or a $5300 motorcycle you could happily ride all day”... seems like the choice is pretty obvious.

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you both for the replies. Any experience with the Yamaha Comfort seat? How does it compare to the stock seat?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As an alternative, look into an Airhawk pad if you're long distance riding. They're relatively inexpensive.
I've ridden 600 miles in a day using it. I can't go more than a couple hours at a time on my Spencer modified stock seat. It was originally designed for wheelchair bound people and preventing sores and what not. Link to the one I have is below, and I feel it fits the FZ6 seat well. However, they sell other shapes on other sites.

I swear by mine for long hauls...but will remove it when I'm carving up mountain passes or the like. It's not the best for twisties, as you want your butt firmly planted in a seat in tight turns, not floating on an air pocket.

motorcycle-seat-pads-Cruiser-R-Large-Airhawk-1.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/airhawk-r-cruiser-seat-pad

Last edited:

dobbeusaf

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a top sellerie and I love it. I bought it from their discounted seat section on the website a few years back. It had a minor blemish but nothing noticeable until you looked really close at one of the seams. It's been good to me for the past few years. What I did like and I'm not sure if they still do it but you can get custom things embroidered on it and customize the seat to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a top sellerie and I love it. I bought it from their discounted seat section on the website a few years back. It had a minor blemish but nothing noticeable until you looked really close at one of the seams. It's been good to me for the past few years. What I did like and I'm not sure if they still do it but you can get custom things embroidered on it and customize the seat to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies...

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
check on top sellerie website, if they have some already made in stock they sale for a beat cheaper. I got mine a few weeks ago for around $325 shipped.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site

Got mine over 6 years ago. Took 8 hours from start to finish and probably only good for those of us in the PNW... but he told me he had people come from, all over the USA. So many options for the cover material, I went from being able to sit on my bike for a max of 2 hours to having my butt never be the limiting factor of ride length.tmp.png