FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that I'm looking to sell the Hot Raven Chick but the question goes out, what would you pay for her as is? Share your thoughts!
Let me say that she will either leave us as a crash victim or be sold as is. I'm not into taking it all apart!

With some level of certainty, I'm sure some wise cracks among us will say something I don't care for which I will ignore! Blah

Mod list:
08 Raven: R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6° Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Black Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen.

BT016 Pro Front
BT023 Rear
Amsoil 10-40, Wix Filters, fresh fork oil, brake fluid, blinker fluid, New Yuasa battery in a box, new plugs, Newer air filter, Valve Adjustment done at 21,000mi (@23,xxx now), Coolant flushed at 21,xxx also.
Custom Map on the Bazzaz F/C maintains 13.0:1 AFR and pulls hard ALL the time or you can run the econo map fuel long rides too! Flip a switch! Oh and that R1 shock has ~ 14,000 mi on fresh oil and Nitrogen. Chin spoiler available but not installed. 2nd owner, bought local with 4,3000 mi. Never crashed, but has rested in a parking lot. :(

Bike rides likes its on rails, pulls the nose in 2nd gear and its fun!
What would you pay as is?

IMG_0184C_zpsdqtwyfl5.jpg

IMG_20150120_153919_560C_zps5914a86a.jpg

IMG_20150120_154000_711_zps8d5f3528.jpg

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I know of the time, effort, and work put into it.... No less than $4200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I can suggest someone for 4000-4500USD, but not more than 5k for sure.
23k is a good number, but you did a lot of mods, which makes people like me think you did used it to its core or abused it..!
I'm still having my childish mentality here (as you can see, mine's still bone stock in regards to performance mods), even after riding her for 5k miles in 5 months.
But, yeah this is a very well worth of a deal.
How much is on your mind anyway? secret?: pm me ;)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly why i posted this; Personally I'd say its not abused and very well cared for. Has it seen the Rev limit, yep. Do i rev it cold - never, do i pin it in 1st and hold it till it limits - never. But i ride it, i use it, and it works well in many ways. It would be hard to get rid of.
I simply made its potential available for daily use! :p

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with MotoJoe122

I'd be the first to agree that this bike is likely the cleanest, best maintained and carefully modded FZ6 out there (and I'm sure not abused), reality is that in the open market all the mods really don't add much to the perceived value. You and I recognize how much better the bike is as a result of all the changes, but most won't and certainly most would not want to pay a premium over a relatively stock one with low mileage and lots of dust.

If you're intent on letting 'er go, pull the forks and rear suspension as well as the exhaust (maybe the Bazzaz) as you can sell those separately, giving you more money and providing a lot of value to those like me who spent a lot of time looking for those specific and separately-affordable add-ons. PM me if you need any stock pieces.

I know how hard it would be to part company, but onward and upward.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with MotoJoe122

I'd be the first to agree that this bike is likely the cleanest, best maintained and carefully modded FZ6 out there (and I'm sure not abused), reality is that in the open market all the mods really don't add much to the perceived value. You and I recognize how much better the bike is as a result of all the changes, but most won't and certainly most would not want to pay a premium over a relatively stock one with low mileage and lots of dust.

If you're intent on letting 'er go, pull the forks and rear suspension as well as the exhaust (maybe the Bazzaz) as you can sell those separately, giving you more money and providing a lot of value to those like me who spent a lot of time looking for those specific and separately-affordable add-ons. PM me if you need any stock pieces.

I know how hard it would be to part company, but onward and upward.

What I find entertaining is that "as is" it is predictable and responsive. Buy the package and get a bike you don't have to do anything too. Buy the stocker and either accept it as is, or correct its short comings by throwing $$$ at it. So why not get something done right?

I'm not looking to sell, I just hate seeing all the good removed and thought we should open it up for discussion so one day, someone gets a fun older bike that plays nice! :p

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
Your biggest issue with a potential buyer in my opinion is that the valves need to be checked soon and that's 500 at a mechanic. Being said the 4,500-4000 range is about right. List for 4500 sell for 4300 kinda thing

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Your biggest issue with a potential buyer in my opinion is that the valves need to be checked soon and that's 500 at a mechanic. Being said the 4,500-4000 range is about right. List for 4500 sell for 4300 kinda thing

Valves were done @ 21k.

Like most people have said, the mods may not add much, if any value to the bike, and they may actually detract some people from looking into it at all. You're asking what other FZ6 enthusiasts would pay for it. We can all see the value in the mods you've done, but a lot of people will say "why is he swapping out parts? Is this bike a piece of junk and he's just cobbling together pieces to make it work?":D

When I bought my FZ6, my car, and my truck, I was looking for clean, well-maintained stock examples. Those showed the owner cared about the vehicle but wasn't into modding it or wringing its neck.

That all said, if I throw my FZ6 down the track and total it, I'll send you a PM and see if we can work out a deal. :)

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
When I picked up my 08 stock (hardly ridden less than 500miles on it) 2 years ago I only paid $3200. Price is location based and FZ6 around here were $1000 less than the honda/suz of similar styling, Nashville thinks way too highly of honda. I digress, $4000 seems doable as its a mighty fine looking steed, but as with all sales start high and you can always take less. unfortunately, Mods are for you not for resale.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
When I picked up my 08 stock (hardly ridden less than 500miles on it) 2 years ago I only paid $3200. Price is location based and FZ6 around here were $1000 less than the honda/suz of similar styling, Nashville thinks way too highly of honda. I digress, $4000 seems doable as its a mighty fine looking steed, but as with all sales start high and you can always take less. unfortunately, Mods are for you not for resale.

And sometimes age matters,
As a noobe to buy a motorcycle on my own in USA, that too used, I had my car buying experience in my mind, which has trims, I thought, these bikes needs to be close to new or very recent.
So, my craigslist search would be like this: in 2015
title status: clean,
min year: 2008
min displacement: 596
max miles: 20000
and I found my 3200 miles, 08FZ6 priced 4300, stock.
I stood on 3300$, but my friend threw in 100$ at the last moment to finish the deal quickly(the seller started to hesitate), mentioning, the tool kit is still in the bike, untouched, lot of people would not give the tool kit even, that makes 100$.
The seller was happy to hear that 100$ and let it go. I was happy as it is stock.
not only it gives a doubt as beatle mentioned, but I might not like the sound of Mivv, compared to Two bros, or SSS (just for the sake of the example, M4 sounds cool :thumbup: ) but I was in the market just at that time, so, I'm not sure about different brands either, so, don't expect the buyer to know it all about your bike.
FE makes the bike looks cool, but I like the rear mud guard, so I can add some more reflective stickers. (I can take it from someone, paying the shipping price, even now)
or the way you made a mod, might not be liked by the buyer, it will be a conflict of personal style..!

Looks like people changed your mind to strip it off before selling ah?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that I'm looking to sell the Hot Raven Chick.....

^^ First sentence in OP is important. I am NOT looking to sell it. I was just wondering IF ANYONE would buy a bike with a few mods!

As for it being a cobble of parts - well those components are from Yamaha's flagship R6 and R1 bikes! :p
With a general selling price of $3300 +/-500, it is budget build that works. My goal was to keep the cost down if something bad ever happens so I'm not out a bunch of $$$.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
The people here who have read your posts know the value of your parts and that you don't do things half-assed. Conveying that message to potential buyers outside of this forum will be more difficult, and that is where your greatest pool of buyers will be - especially considering that the FZ6 is such a great starter bike, many people may not even know the first thing about what farkles are important and which are just for show. I can see thoughts like "but I don't want a race bike suspension, it'll be too rough" or "I don't want a loud exhaust" going through the heads of potential newby buyers and not "Wow, he already did the R6 forks and has 2 Bros. pipes? Sweet deal!" :)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sixth riding season and the bike is not a disappointment!
I do wonder if anyone will take her as is?

Actually what would be entertaining is riding a stock bike and well, a stock bike owner riding this!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sixth riding season and the bike is not a disappointment!
I do wonder if anyone will take her as is?

Actually what would be entertaining is riding a stock bike and well, a stock bike owner riding this!

Having owned, bought, and sold more FZ6's than likely anyone else, I figured I could weigh in here :)

It is really all about expectations, patience, and finding the right buyer. As a basis of comparison, I am in the northeast where the motorcycle market is finicky to say the least. I have sold more than 10 FZ's in the past 5 or so years. I have only sold two (2) for more than $4,000USD; every single other complete bike sale was at $3,900 or less. The FZ is an absolute gem but, many people outside of the community do not see the appeal. Couple that with the recent offerings by Yamaha (FZ-07, FZ-09 to name a few) and the appetite is even lower. So much so in fact, that I am abandoning the FZ6 in lieu of the FZ-07 for my little side hobby.

The one bike that I managed to squeeze a bit higher figure was my personal FZ6 (Last Photo). This bike, much like yours, has years of tedious modifications done to it and was in pristine condition when it sold....along with a few thousand in aftermarket accessories. It took the better part of 6 months to find the right buyer.

Long and short, you could probably get your asking price with some diligence. Just be prepared to wait!

And because I had not yet catalogued (and I wanted to show off a bit), here is a recap of the bikes that have come and gone!

2005 (Part-Out)

2007 (1)

2007 (2)

2007 (3)

2007 (4, Part-Out)

2007 (5, Part-Out)

2008 (1)

2008 (2)

2008 (3)

2007 (Personal)

Last edited: