Seriously?!?

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I'm not too far from dearborn compared to the other guys on here. I rode up to Royal Oak to go riding with a buddy last weekend. Let me know if you want to ride before it gets cold.

Im from Bay City, about 2.5 hours north of you. If you are ever looking to head up North for a ride let me know. If I am ever going to be down in your area I'll try and let you know and maybe we can go for a ride some time.

pjstud1v

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Im from Bay City, about 2.5 hours north of you. If you are ever looking to head up North for a ride let me know. If I am ever going to be down in your area I'll try and let you know and maybe we can go for a ride some time.

I'll certainly head up your way next year. I think I'll stick close to home this fall since I am breaking my bike in still, but I want to do some light touring around MI next year when the bike is past break in and my skills aren't so rusty :thumbup:

Sparty00

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there no one else on here from the Midwest?

Always look for people to go riding with....guess I will have to ride a long ways to find someone on here...

:confused:

I just got my bike in August this year. I'm located in Northville MI and would definitely be interested in meeting up. If not this year definitely in early spring. Hopefully we can get another 1-1/2 months of good riding in this year.:thumbup:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a great thread... I'm finding people all over my area lol! I live 5 min. from Crystal Lake, IL. I would love to meet up with anyone in the area.

willoby61726 and coursonap - My wife is from central IL so I pass you every time we visit her parents. I'll have to get in touch with you when we go down.

fstronblue - Dude, I live right by your shop. My wife and I love coffee so we are definitely stopping by! When are you there?

Postal1979 - You're right by me too... I would love to go riding.

trampld - You're not too far from us... a little over 300 mi. I wish I would have read this thread sooner cuz I was just in your state for a wedding about a month ago. Maybe we can all arrange something.

wayne 3 - You're about an hour away.

FzPilot - You're about an hour as well.

I also have lots of friends that take trips up to Lake Geneva, WI and say it is a really nice ride. I'm looking to ride up there and would love to get some people to go with and maybe meet up with some of the Wisconsin crew :D

Let me know if any of you guys would like to meet up! :thumbup:

-Taso

willoby61726

Reaction score
Visit site
absolutely. sounds like we just might have to plan for a fall ride this year yet! If anyone has any suggestions on when or when to meet lets start posting ideas and see if we can get together.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll certainly head up your way next year. I think I'll stick close to home this fall since I am breaking my bike in still, but I want to do some light touring around MI next year when the bike is past break in and my skills aren't so rusty :thumbup:

I would be game for a tour around MI in the spring.

pjstud1v

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be game for a tour around MI in the spring.

Sounds good to me. One peninsula or both? I rode in to work today and absolutely loved it. I just wanted to keep going when I got to my exit on the highway. I've never done any touring, but that's what I really want to do.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be up for a couple day trip. I think I would want to work up to it thou. The farthest/longest I have ridden so far is 80 miles/1.5 hours. I have a new helmet on order and will have to see if I can ride farther once I get that. The one I have not is not shaped right for my head and starts to get very uncomfortable after about a hour of riding. I have been riding to work every day unless it has been raining. I really do not look forward to the snow now that it means I will have to be putting the bike away.

pjstud1v

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. I don't want it to be cold and snow. I rode till mid November with my last bike and I hope to do so this year as well, but I don't know how possible that will be.

Reclaimer033

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the Fort Wayne, IN area, where the tires square off just looking at the map. I would like to get out next spring. Are there some good roads in MI or NE OH?

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the Fort Wayne, IN area, where the tires square off just looking at the map. I would like to get out next spring. Are there some good roads in MI or NE OH?

I just got my bike this July and have only been riding around Bay City/Midland Michigan. Not sure of any good twisties yet but it sounds like hopefully some of the other members and myself are going to try and put together a ride around Michigan in the spring.

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
This is a great thread... I'm finding people all over my area lol! I live 5 min. from Crystal Lake, IL. I would love to meet up with anyone in the area.

willoby61726 and coursonap - My wife is from central IL so I pass you every time we visit her parents. I'll have to get in touch with you when we go down.

fstronblue - Dude, I live right by your shop. My wife and I love coffee so we are definitely stopping by! When are you there?

Postal1979 - You're right by me too... I would love to go riding.

trampld - You're not too far from us... a little over 300 mi. I wish I would have read this thread sooner cuz I was just in your state for a wedding about a month ago. Maybe we can all arrange something.

wayne 3 - You're about an hour away.

FzPilot - You're about an hour as well.

I also have lots of friends that take trips up to Lake Geneva, WI and say it is a really nice ride. I'm looking to ride up there and would love to get some people to go with and maybe meet up with some of the Wisconsin crew :D

Let me know if any of you guys would like to meet up! :thumbup:

-Taso
Please make a new post and lets plan!

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Rochester,MN.. Might be looking for someone to teach me a few things in couple weeks after I get the bike...First time rider here!! PM me so we can figure something out..

teej21012

Reaction score
Visit site
From the Fort Wayne area as well. Went riding yesterday, rode to work today. Loving the 60's weather. For those that don't know, Fort Wayne is well known for having a week where we will get rain in the 40's on Monday, snow in the 10's on Tuesday, more rain which then causes ice on Wednesday, then Thurs and Fri might end up being 50-60. Weather here is just ridiculous. The weatherman(woman also) might as well be a fortune teller at a carnival.