Shad Style Seat

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been lurking on the board gathering up all the info I could and applying it to my new ride. I have changed a few things already but maybe by far the most noticeable change has been my new seat. After reading about the Corbin seat and the comfort gel seat, they both came with mixed reviews. So I decided to go ahead and give the Shad seat a try. As for the price I think it was fairly decent. It cost 224 euros with shipping from emaletas.com. As I couldn't find anything in North America this was the best option. All told the canadian government snagged another $43 in taxes and expediting fees bringing the total to $315 canadian(approximately). Which by the sounds of the Corbin and a few others like Top Saddlery is a fairly decent price. As for the looks of the seat and quality, comparing it to a Corbin seat on a ST3 my cousin owns, I would say it's as good or better. It is a firmer seat than stock and also seems wider. It does seem to distribute the weight of the rider much better than stock. Since I've only ridden the bike a short time with it I can't comment on break-in yet. But it feels much better already and can't wait to see what it feels like when it does get broken in.

Fizzotch

Old Dude...FAST Bike
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, kpedro. I think the seat looks pretty cool. I know it's only been a few days, but any updates on the comfort, you'd like to share? I'm really on the fence about shelling out the coin for a seat so, any info on this model, would be greatly appreciated .

Couple of Qs if you would be so kind...

How was the fitment? I have an 06' and I've heard the later model seats will retro fit.

Did the seat height change at all? I could use a little lower, personally.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Scott

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, kpedro. I think the seat looks pretty cool. I know it's only been a few days, but any updates on the comfort, you'd like to share? I'm really on the fence about shelling out the coin for a seat so, any info on this model, would be greatly appreciated .

Couple of Qs if you would be so kind...

How was the fitment? I have an 06' and I've heard the later model seats will retro fit.

Did the seat height change at all? I could use a little lower, personally.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Scott

Fitment is pretty good, the only thing is that it sticks up at the back when riding solo. There might be an extra 1/8 inch gap difference between stock and now. Riding 2up the gap disappears. As far as seat height I never got out the measuring tape but it doesn't seem like it changed much. It seems like the seat is a little lower but because of the added width of the seat, the actual reach to the ground is about the same. Hope that helps.

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good do you slide forward ?

I've put on about 500-700 miles since I put the seat on and the only time I've slide forward was during an extremely hard braking situation. While riding you stay wherever you plant your butt.

Also forgot to answer in the previous post that the seat does seem to be getting more comfortable, so much so that my brother is now actually considering one for his FZ8.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I've put on about 500-700 miles since I put the seat on and the only time I've slide forward was during an extremely hard braking situation. While riding you stay wherever you plant your butt.

Also forgot to answer in the previous post that the seat does seem to be getting more comfortable, so much so that my brother is now actually considering one for his FZ8.

what is your last opinions about shad seat? is it worthwhile for it's money?