Show us your Hobby room ! (-:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey bd43 is that a Sherline CNC mill in the corner?? Bet it comes in handy for making RC goodies:thumbup:

Jerry

Good eye Jerry! That it is and I have been using it for all my RC goodies.;)

Last thing I did on it just the other week was make a new engine plate for the Savage after I cracked the stock one. Put some bling in it and now my buds want one too. :eek:

dp_110309_03.jpg

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good eye Jerry! That it is and I have been using it for all my RC goodies.;)

Last thing I did on it just the other week was make a new engine plate for the Savage after I cracked the stock one. Put some bling in it and now my buds want one too. :eek:

dp_110309_03.jpg
That is SWEET could you make alluminum shock towers ? I would pay good money for one to go on my Custom Works Outlaw Sprint ... :BLAA:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bd43 that's cool and now you'll need a faster machine when the orders start. I made parts for Associated RC 10th scale cars and trucks in the past and you can get real busy real fast:thumbup:

Jerry
Can you make me an aluminum shock tower Jerry ? :rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure, just send a sketch with the basic dimensions and how thick you want it. I can make one out of 1/8" carbon fiber too if that would be better, more bling:thumbup:

Jerry
I will send you a brand new plastic one will that work ? :rockon: I just got back from the races and I was telling Bob I sure sure hope Jerry says he can build me a shock tower and Bob was like WOW that would make your car way more rigid and handle way better and I was like i know right !! :BLAA: http://www.customworksrc.com/aa_support/models/0720/0720 Outlaw E.pdf 1278 OUTLAW ADUSTABLE CARBON FRONT SHOCK TOWER Detail Page They dont offer an aluminum one !! and they put that un-needed hole there in the middle of them so they will BREAK !! Uggh an aluminum one the thickness of the plastic one would be BULLET PROOF !! (evil) LOL

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I replied to your PM before I looked at the picture, still doable at the price. I see a carbon fiber one on the left, does it work well?? To honest that should be stronger than the aluminum tower. Aluminum will bend if hit hard although I can use some that will resist bending. Send the tower and let me take a look and then I can offer some options and an idea of the price:thumbup:

Jerry

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess, I could consider this a hobby. I've been working on this for a few months in the evenings and some weekends, with a long break to study for an exam.
The cabinets and the counters are all the same - just resurfaced and put granite tile.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess, I could consider this a hobby. I've been working on this for a few months in the evenings and some weekends, with a long break to study for an exam.
The cabinets and the counters are all the same - just resurfaced and put granite tile.

Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

And here's me thinking you were going to cook us up a storm :D

A little disappointed I must say to see the next pic & there was no delicious food to eat :(

But hell man , you done a fantastic job on the kitchen reno's :BLAA: Well Done :rockon:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And here's me thinking you were going to cook us up a storm :D

A little disappointed I must say to see the next pic & there was no delicious food to eat :(

But hell man , you done a fantastic job on the kitchen reno's :BLAA: Well Done :rockon:

LOL. Thanks. Nah, sorry, cooking isn't on my strong side. can opener and microwave are about the only cooking utensils I am familiar with.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't really have pics of the "hobby room" but I do glass work. Here is a mosaic vase I made for a charity auction (the logo for therapeutic horseback riding for special kids), and in the background you can see a window laying down on my table, which is completed and installed in the second picture. My stained glass creating table is 4' x 8', so it accommodates many sizes of windows I might make. I also have three big cabinets to hold all my glass supplies (stained glass, glass bead making, and glass blowing, which has to be done at a shop where I rent space.)

View attachment 36660

View attachment 36661

View attachment 36662

View attachment 36663

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Just found that thread, i have been in RC for years !!!

Check out my playroom, i am into FPV (First person view) i fly the planes with video googles and video transmitter, GPS onboard with telemetry, check out some of my youtube videos, Youtube chanel YouTube - ‪bakchos1's Channel‬‏

Videos
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVau5EQDc7E]YouTube - ‪FPV Twinstar II et EZ*‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Mmgl560uA]YouTube - ‪Edge540 FPV Test.avi‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j7YUNx4Yf4]YouTube - ‪Twinstar II dual view.m2ts‬‏[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfO1Vb0adR0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Photos
IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

P1010178.jpg

ok enough !!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So here's mine. We moved back late last year so it's not fully setup up.

This workshop is almost identical to the way it has been before the move and transformed to this circa 1999.

Primary use of the workshop has been to feed my fasination with RC in general. In 2007, a slight diversion from that hobby was the FZ6 and some of the modifications that I thought would be useful to it.

My top 10 suggestions for a usable workshop are the following:

1. Lights, lots of them. Can't do a half descent job on anything if you can't see it.
2. Workbench space. Put as many as you can and as long as you can in the space you have. Counter space is prime. Also make them sturdy and strong.
3. Storage. Any hobby, you will collect tools, parts, machines, bins, cleaners, paints, so organizing them from the get go makes it tidy and workable. I also top the center bench with some coroplast I got from a tire shop advertisement. The coroplast cleans easy when you're working with greasy or dirt parts.
4. Entertainment and communications. Sometimes a project is going to eat your evenings to the wee hours of the nite. Might as well make the best of it. Put in a TV, radio, computer with internet, wall clock, and telephone, stay a while.
5. A sink with running water. Good for washing parts, hands, RC trucks!
6. If you're building airplanes or doing woodwork that generates a lot of dust, an air filtration system and some kind of dust collector like a Delta ceiling mounted air filter system and a shop vac.
7. Fatigue mats. Especially if you are going to be standing over one area for a long time.
8. Chairs or stools. If not when you stand so long, then a seat for your buddies who come over to hang.
9. Power tools. If you use them a lot, keep them here instead of going off to the garage or where ever they are stored. If it's inconvenient to get to, you might decide to do something half fast without it and end up with a grade B job, then show up to the air field and get a "WTF?"
10. Power receptacles or power bars. Power tools, battery chargers, computers, desk lamps, they all need a spot on the power grid. Wire in extra circuits if need be to handle all the loads.

attachment.php

attachment.php
[/QUOT

Annnnndd, Im spent!:rolleyes: