Skillz Days Motorcycling Clinics

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
While waiting for my BT016s to be mounted on the bike yesterday, I met a very nice gentleman, Mr Jeff H.

Jeff owns a training organization called "Skillz Days Motorcycling Clinics", which operates in LA and Orange counties... Jeff is an ex-racer and has been coaching for 8 years, and riding for many many more...
It is very inexpensive ($50/day for 7hours) for structured and coached practice days designed to help both new and experienced motorcyclists increase their skill-level and their confidence.

We talked for quite a while about what is being taught and how it's being taught, but it sounded very professional, while fun at the same time (Jeff does not take himself too seriously, which is great!), and the classes are fairly small (only a dozen or less riders), which means more attention to you...

Jeff is currently trying to get large sponsors and also to get his classes recognized by insurance companies... apparently things are moving forward, but I don't have the details.

I am most likely going to check it out later this year, but I thought I'd share in here since we all can benefit from this!

Check out Skillz Days' website for more information: Skillz Days Home

Jeff's email: [email protected]

:rockon: :thumbup:

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
While waiting for my BT016s to be mounted on the bike yesterday, I met a very nice gentleman, Mr Jeff H.

Jeff owns a training organization called "Skillz Days Motorcycling Clinics", which operates in LA and Orange counties... Jeff is an ex-racer and has been coaching for 8 years, and riding for many many more...
It is very inexpensive ($50/day for 7hours) for structured and coached practice days designed to help both new and experienced motorcyclists increase their skill-level and their confidence.

We talked for quite a while about what is being taught and how it's being taught, but it sounded very professional, while fun at the same time (Jeff does not take himself too seriously, which is great!), and the classes are fairly small (only a dozen or less riders), which means more attention to you...

Jeff is currently trying to get large sponsors and also to get his classes recognized by insurance companies... apparently things are moving forward, but I don't have the details.

I am most likely going to check it out later this year, but I thought I'd share in here since we all can benefit from this!

Check out Skillz Days' website for more information: Skillz Days Home

Jeff's email: [email protected]

:rockon: :thumbup:

wavex:

Any updates on this? Did you do the course? I would be interested in details if possible.

Thank you!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
No I have not done the course. Visit the website and email the guy I am sure he'll be happy to help :)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While waiting for my BT016s to be mounted on the bike yesterday...

Dave I'm getting my tires changed this Friday. I was looking forward to getting the Michellin Pilot Road 2s. I'll be mostly commuting but would like to have a nice sporty profile on the tire to hit the twisties. The BT16s seem to have a sportier profile.

Which of the following would you recommend I go with:

Michelin Pilot Powers
Michelin Pilot Roads
Bridgestone BT16s
sport_comparo_lg.jpg

It appears like the Michelin Pilot Powers are similar to the BT16s. The Pilot Roads look like more durable touring tires (less aggressive profile). The BT21s look more like the Pilot Roads - touring tires.

BTW, my wife wants me to sign her up for the Skillz Days clinic.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Your wife is right :) Sign up!

I don't think you need the Pilot Powers or BT016 for your type of riding and skills... go with the Pilot Roads or BT021, you'll be happy with either.