Smersh Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And another...Smersh

What do you do for a living?
Technology/operations director for a small asset management company.

How long have you owned your FZ6?
1 month and 1 day

What other modes of transport do you have?
Black 2005 Subaru Linear, Haro V-1 mtn bike, two hairy, stinky, multi-purpose appendages

If you could have any bike what would it be?
All of them

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
I like to try different things, but the most persistent over time are: hiking, photography, JKD, reading. Honourable mention: handguns, whitewater rafting and annoying people.

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
So far - Macchu Pichu, Peru :thumbup: - It's just beautiful! but I ain't stopping, so I may have to revise it. Also, skies. I know why birds sing. ;)

How would you best describe yourself?
Hmmmm..... errrrr...... ohmmmmmm.... huh?

What pets have you got?
None at the moment. Love dogs, like cats. Want to get a German shepherd one day - right now my schedule wouldn't allow me to properly take care of one.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
An engine mounted on a frame supported by two sequentially placed wheels, with a seat on top and bars for ste... wait.... HEY!!! DAMNIT, I was just coming up with it! I'm a little late, eh? :confused:

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Violence, especially toward children

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
"Forced"? Well, in that case, it's going to be eskrima fight (Christmas party will have a no-gun policy, right?). Also, my sister tells me I'm pretty funny... ...-looking.

Snow or beach?
either...or, sometimes even both at once

Windows or Mac or Linux?
Droid! (ok, I've put this just to have something that is not listed) Any one of them I'm comfortable with. Though, I do make fun of Mac fanatics and their religious following of Oh, Great Steve.
([An]Droid uses a Linux kernel :D)

F1 or MotoGP?
Both. As long as it's not NASCAR

Which track or album rocks your boat?
"Indestructible" and "The Mozart Album" (how's that for a variety? ;) ).Anything from Robert Miles to Beatles, to Thomas Quasthoff, skipping, perhaps, most of hip-hop, rap, and country.

What is your favourite film?
Shawshank Redemption

Meat or Veg?
20 oz steak with some red wine!!!!

What is your favourite beverage?
good beer at a get-together, fine wine at a dinner, and nice scotch/whiskey with a cigar

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Learn at every opportunity and live your life so you don't regret things you've done and things you haven't.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Adirondack Jack. I've been here for just over a month, and I've learned so much, and have used information I'd found here so many times, it amazes me. It's nice to know there is a community like this, where people share knowledge, experiences and thoughts. I just hope I can contribute my fair share.