So ends 2013 riding season

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2013 was my third year of street riding and was much different than the previous years. First off, I lost my riding buddy so I did allot of single rider exploring which is something I really enjoy. I found some "off the beaten path" location where the journey tested my skills in all kinds of terrain. My explorations took us through mud, gravel moss, wet leaves (tree poo), pine needles, dirt roads, gravel roads and some actual "Good Roads" to, but it was all about following the road I'd always ridden past to see where it goes and where my folks used to ride back in the day…

My exploring lead to some remote places high up in the mountains that I returned to a several times. A couple of which our local members came along. I'm guessing these rides thorugh the narrow forrest service roads were all in preperation for that CRAZY Time Distance Rally with 60+ strangers! That was a day I may not forget anytime soon. About 300+ miles of adrenilan rush which covered lots of new ground to the east, some roads I just happen to find on my own you guessed it, 6 miles of gravel! Then there was the Yamaha Demo days where we got to play on the new bikes. Of course the R6 was my favorite! Also the most uncomfortable! Later in the summer I came home to find Crisis taking a nap with her blanket on. Somehow that hurt seeing her kickstand in the air. :( Her first down since production in 2008. Per the title, she is now parked in safe place for the winter so we successfully completed season 3 without incident as a pair. Considering how and where I ride and all the bamby encounters we had this season, I’m surprised we didn’t take ourselves into the Hall of Shame!

I really just came to say this bike is Blast in so many ways! The first two years I did some commuting, day rides, night rides, rain rides and 300 and 400 miles adventures with my old riding buddy. This year I did very little commuting do to a shift in work hours placing me in painfully long traffic jams which take all the fun out of riding. As such, this season was purely for pleasure and to abuse the western hemisphere with the Two Brother pipes! :LOL:
Something else, I rode other bikes with more power, but honeslty they just weren't as much fun as the smaller class. It's just easier to throw it around, and play with! I can't imagine those other bikes in half the places we went this year and not being blemished with battle scars. As it is now, she's got some light scrathes from being used and the thats just fine by me.

I hope everyone had a great season and for those who never stop, (SoCal Hoons come to mind), be safe and enjoy the remainder of the year.

A couple of pictures to recap the Good Times!
Up out of Estacada
IMG_20130331_152526_832WEB_zps772ff635.jpg

Look out up on Mt Hood
IMG_20130602_171432_040_zps77b837c2.jpg

Hillside out of Estcada
IMG_20130615_151237_119_zpse1b17a10.jpg

A group ride up to the look out on Hood.
WEBIMG_20130630_133640_347_zps29c49974.jpg

Time Distance Rally, East of Mt Hood
IMG_20130720_150637_176_zpsb6e6df07.jpg

After the TDR
IMG_20130720_195010_534_zps1a053734.jpg

Another group ride...
i-4Q8CLTb-L.jpg

Solo Gravel Adventure
WEB1IMG_20130704_175017_528_zpsf713cf81.jpg

Little Crater lake
IMG_20130714_150356_686_zps21d52d93.jpg

Ride with Mxgolf to Lost lake
IMG_20130728_135340_241_zps9a839ae7.jpg

Group Ride at Little Crater lake
IMG_0097_zps317036b2.jpg

A little run through the woods
IMG_20130828_185848_283_zps0764b576.jpg

Up the Clackamas River
WEBIMG_20130926_153534_319_zps109e8e38.jpg

Close out with this shot along the Columbia River
WEBIMG_20130914_191824_165_zps5729d960.jpg

That's about it. I had a allot of fun, saw some incredible sites and can't wait to ride again in the spring! I shot some video on the last ride using an HD phone. If I can edit some bs out of it, I'll post up. There you'll see why its impossible to target fixate - roads are narrow and unforgiving here.

Be safe everyone!
Final Impact

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures Randy! Yeah...remember we're not that far away and you can rent a bike down here! :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is such awesome scenery where you live! I want to drink little crater lake:D
Thanks for posting the pics.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2013 was my third year of street riding and was much different than the previous years. First off, I lost my riding buddy so I did allot of single rider exploring which is something I really enjoy. I found some "off the beaten path" location where the journey tested my skills in all kinds of terrain. My explorations took us through mud, gravel moss, wet leaves (tree poo), pine needles, dirt roads, gravel roads and some actual "Good Roads" to, but it was all about following the road I'd always ridden past to see where it goes and where my folks used to ride back in the day…

My exploring lead to some remote places high up in the mountains that I returned to a several times. A couple of which our local members came along. I'm guessing these rides thorugh the narrow forrest service roads were all in preperation for that CRAZY Time Distance Rally with 60+ strangers! That was a day I may not forget anytime soon. About 300+ miles of adrenilan rush which covered lots of new ground to the east, some roads I just happen to find on my own you guessed it, 6 miles of gravel! Then there was the Yamaha Demo days where we got to play on the new bikes. Of course the R6 was my favorite! Also the most uncomfortable! Later in the summer I came home to find Crisis taking a nap with her blanket on. Somehow that hurt seeing her kickstand in the air. :( Her first down since production in 2008. Per the title, she is now parked in safe place for the winter so we successfully completed season 3 without incident as a pair. Considering how and where I ride and all the bamby encounters we had this season, I’m surprised we didn’t take ourselves into the Hall of Shame!

I really just came to say this bike is Blast in so many ways! The first two years I did some commuting, day rides, night rides, rain rides and 300 and 400 miles adventures with my old riding buddy. This year I did very little commuting do to a shift in work hours placing me in painfully long traffic jams which take all the fun out of riding. As such, this season was purely for pleasure and to abuse the western hemisphere with the Two Brother pipes! :LOL:
Something else, I rode other bikes with more power, but honeslty they just weren't as much fun as the smaller class. It's just easier to throw it around, and play with! I can't imagine those other bikes in half the places we went this year and not being blemished with battle scars. As it is now, she's got some light scrathes from being used and the thats just fine by me.

I hope everyone had a great season and for those who never stop, (SoCal Hoons come to mind), be safe and enjoy the remainder of the year.

Be safe everyone!
Final Impact

Love It! :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode other bikes with more power, but honeslty they just weren't as much fun as the smaller class. It's just easier to throw it around, and play with!

Well done, Randy!! Totally agree with the statement above. I've had my FZ1 for over 2 years now and while it has a lot of benefits, when it comes to plain fun, particularly on country roads, FZ6 was better!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sad to hear you're done for the year Randy, I enjoy your pictures so much. But as stated before, next season will be even better!! :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the mechanical help last year, I hope the winter layoff isn't to long for you.

Nelly

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing, quality pics that you took! This is the sort of post I like to read - where the bike takes you and what you saw along the way. :)

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your story and pics make me want to get out and ride hard next season. Little crater lake is a beautiful shot!

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
Just pure awesomeness is all I can say. I'm glad to see that true motorcyclists still exist rather than just "bikers"/"Ricky racers"(image oriented) these days. Kudos my man though until it snows here I'm going to try and resist the winter onslaught ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is such awesome scenery where you live! I want to drink little crater lake:D
Thanks for posting the pics.

Oh I have - Yum, Tasty!!! One of the days I went alone it was like 96F outside. Full gear and that cool water made we wanna jump in! It's like 45F all the time!

Everyone,
Thanks for your kind words! I'm thankful to have such a great place to play! It really is the best! :thumbup:

Some of the original shots are scattered through here. http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-pacific/49202-fizzer-turned-adventure-bike.html Mx has some links and Jon_PDX whom I haven't seen around much since the FZ1 came may have some too!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures Randy! Yeah...remember we're not that far away and you can rent a bike down here! :rockon:

Thanks Cliff! I really need to keep that in mind! All the videos i've seen of SoCal, the roads are so open in wide compared to here!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't have to end. Buy a trailer or pickup and head south 450 miles for the weekend where we ride year round.
Nice pictures, love the Columbia gorge.
Have you been out east to Fossil, Spray area? Mighty nice riding out there too and completely different than the Cascades. Check it out next year.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very awesome, man, and great pics! :thumbup: You've got some beautiful scenery there. Little Crater Lake and Lost Lake look awesome....one of these days I'll venture to the west coast....

Your post reminds me that I need to keep exploring more into my Appalachia backyard next year near the top of my list of goals (along with better riding gear, BRC2, etc.). :wav:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It doesn't have to end. Buy a trailer or pickup and head south 450 miles for the weekend where we ride year round.
Nice pictures, love the Columbia gorge.
Have you been out east to Fossil, Spray area? Mighty nice riding out there too and completely different than the Cascades. Check it out next year.

Not on the bike - plenty of Jack Wabbits to dodge out in the sage brush...

I think my only regret was not making back to the Wet Dog Bar in Astoria. The mountain range west has some pretty fun roads too.

Found some partners in crime! Jon & Mark
IMG_0109_zps6873680d.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, the riding season is beginning. I look forward to what winter has in store for me this year. Next summer, come out and take a trip out to Idaho, we can head up north, I can show you some amazing roads.