Space-X; anyone watch 2020-01-19 launch?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty cool steps toward space travel. Thinking more conventionally as a creature who will need lot's of food and water while I travel to the nearest inhabitable environment I might find, I imagine it will take a long time at the possible speeds I might attain with my Pringles, beer and Kitkat bars.

I have always loved the idea of space travel and I've always loved science fiction movies and TV on outer space and futuristic life.

Thinking about where we might possibly live, I'm thinking the closest solar system is about 4 light years away or if I write the number down in kilometers/miles it would be some stupidly large number to 10th power of the 10th power.
Now the speed of light in a vacuum is 186,282 miles per second (299,792 kilometers per second) Then I asked myself how fast can we actually travel in space right now and I really couldn't find a number that didn't rely on so many other factors.

So there I am. Traveling at the speed of some stupid number times the 10th power of Rediculus (ancient Roman divinity) spewing the universe with empty beer and and Pringle tins and Kitkat wrappers.
Then I remember an old TV episode of Kung Fu where David Caradine is a Shoalin monk sitting on a rock, meditating. A young Billy Bob sees him and speaks to him saying something like, Oh you're meditating. I've always wanted to learn to meditate. Waddu ya think about?
So this will probably be my primary space suit and if so, probably I'll already have been absorbed into the the Borg collective where I am one with everything and don't need a rocket but just a diaper.

Attachments

• space.jpg
    space.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: