Spanish anti-crisis chain lube guard

seneca

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, nice to be the first post in this sub-forum. As you are aware we have a deep economical bad momentum in Spain. Find below an original anti-crisis post. I posted it at Fazer-hispania but thought it was a good idea to post here too.

Hi all,
great home gadgets, found one that gave me very good result:

Guard to grease chains, HighTech by Seneca ...

materials required:
1 Bottle of Nestea (empty), Coca Cola OK as well.
1 Cutter (take care with your fingers)

Making of:
1 drink the contents (if not empty)
2 Make a cut with the Cutter to remove a band corresponding to 1/4 of the bottle logitudinal section (see photos)
3 Make a recess in the bottom of the bottle about the same size approx. section of the chain

application:
1 Place the bottle in a longitudinal direction, wrapping the string in the section that goes under the swingarm (between pinion and crown) leaving the opening three quarters up, fit the chain in the recess at the bottom of the bottle.
2 Grease without fear, nothing but nothing escapes .... In addition, its fixed and allows the lubricated chain to move freely.
3 Remove, clean paper and ready for the next.

In the photos you can see how it looks after greasing

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If the same has already been posted then I'm doing something dumb.

greetings

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum!

I'm always cleaning and lubing the chain. Thank you for this great idea!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, nice to be the first post in this sub-forum. As you are aware we have a deep economical bad momentum in Spain. Find below an original anti-crisis post. I posted it at Fazer-hispania but thought it was a good idea to post here too.

Hi all,

materials required:

Making of:
2 Make a cut with the Cutter to remove a band corresponding to 1/4 of the bottle logitudinal section (see photos)
3 Make a recess in the bottom of the bottle about the same size approx. section of the chain

application:
1 Place the bottle in a longitudinal direction, wrapping the string in the section that goes under the swingarm (between pinion and crown) leaving the opening three quarters up, fit the chain in the recess at the bottom of the bottle.
2 Grease without fear, nothing but nothing escapes .... In addition, its fixed and allows the lubricated chain to move freely.

greetings
A very novel idea, I am going to see how it works with several Polish bear bottles (in the interest of science you know).

Neil

seneca

Reaction score
Visit site
Mwahahaha you funny guys..... But without taking into account the simplicity of the design I can tell you some secrets of this hightech solution:

1.- The 45 degrees aplication of the spray hits the opposite side of the bottle and is partially redirected to the "dark side of the chain", the part looking at wheel which is never greased.... hahaha

2.- The grease trespassing between the links is creating some "vapour-grease", due to the hightech shapes inside the bottle, like a small cloud thats access the hidden parts of the chain. Also lubricates very slightly the outer part and avoid centrifugation.... Wahaha

As you can see there's a lot R&D and development beside this simple model :thumbup:

Cheers

Last edited:

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any difference to spraying under the swingarm as opposed to on the sprocket?

I do it like in this Motul instructional video, don't really have a need for lube guard as splashing is minimal this way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5pmcqNju1k]Motul - MC Care range - Chain Lube - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there any difference to spraying under the swingarm as opposed to on the sprocket?

I do it like in this Motul instructional video, don't really have a need for lube guard as splashing is minimal this way.

I cover the area I'm spraying to keep vaporized particles off the tire. When I'm doing a heavy cleaning of the chain I use 3M plastic wrap on the rear tire to keep cleaner and lube off my rubber and other parts. For my quick clean and lubes I made a shield that I tuck against the wheel to keep the rubber from contamination.
I like that water bottle idea because it restricts the over spray.:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Motul - MC Care range - Chain Lube - YouTube

Well I use this method, but every other spray I also cover the outsides with chain wax, as otherwise they will corrode (if like me your bike is kept outside, and like here it rains often). I also find something appropriate (generally an old bit of cardboard or rag) to protect the tyres. With the plastic bottle method this is not necessary :thumbup:

Sackmonkey

Reaction score
Visit site

Hi all,

materials required:

Making of:

application:

greetings
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but the photos don't work and I'm really curious to see what the idea was for cutting the bottle to make a shield. Does anyone have the pics or an idea of what it was?

I tried something similar once, but it didn't work well. Anyway, thanks if anyone can help.