Speedometer/Sprocket ratio

TravisG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005 fz6 with 520/14T for front sprocket and 520/42T for the rear (i know its not the stock ratio but when i ordered last year they didnt have stock ratio on motosport where i ordered), and i just installed a used oem speedo ( the round one) and mile mph is higher than what it actually is by about 7ish mph, is there a way to adjust the speedometer and how would i go about doing so? Thanks.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2005 fz6 with 520/14T for front sprocket and 520/42T for the rear (i know its not the stock ratio but when i ordered last year they didnt have stock ratio on motosport where i ordered), and i just installed a used oem speedo ( the round one) and mile mph is higher than what it actually is by about 7ish mph, is there a way to adjust the speedometer and how would i go about doing so? Thanks.
Welcome Travis.

I think there are 2 schools of thought that I see a lot....

First, there are those that either don't really care about a REALLY accurate speedometer. These are the folks that might have either a mount for their phone or have a GPS. When they want to know speed, they look there.
The other group DO care about speedo accuracy and they will install a SpeedoHealer ( https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/ ).

I am in the first group, but I have seen lots of folks who are satisfied with the SpeedoHealer.

I'll bet that you will be hearing from them shortly.....

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

omalkhoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same problem with my bike. I replaced the front sprocket with a 15 tooth sprocket and the problem was solved. I do a lot of freeway riding and this also reduces the vibration at the bars. MPH is within 1MPH when compared to the GPS on my phone.