Summer Riding Gloves

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got a warranty replacement credit on my summer gloves, Rev'it Bombers. I loved those gloves except for two things, I wish they had a tad bit more ventilation and they fell apart in less than a year (hence the warranty replacement). They are now out of stock though, except for size 3XL, so Revzilla gave me a $99.99 credit to buy new gloves and I've been driving myself nuts trying to figure out which ones to get and I was hoping someone on here could help because I no longer have gloves to wear, except my winter ones which are pretty beat up too. Last few days I went sans gloves and my hands feel pretty naked and that makes me nervous.

In Rev'it sizes Im either a Women's Extra large or a Men's Medium since I have pretty long fingers, and since men usually have more choices, when it comes to gloves I just go with the mens medium usually.

As much as I LOOOVEEE my long distance trips I do mostly NYC riding these days so gloves with good ventilation is a must. I see some gloves that even have ventilation in the knuckles and I wonder if that actually does anything or is just for looks.
I once had an Uber taxi door open on me as I was passing by and the first thing it hit was my fingers over my clutch (primarily my pointer and middle fingers), pushing my bars inward and then also hitting my tank, so some kind of finger protection is good too as those gloves did have and I wonder how much more my fingers would hurt without it.
Im in NYC so knuckle protection is a must for both protecting my knuckles and because Im in NYC where road rage happens and I feel better having them, even if Ive never used them lol.
Ive been paying attention to palm sliders. I feel like plastic palm sliders are good to have and from talking to two different Revzilla reps one said they are good for keeping your hand moving if your to go down and slide, but the other said they can catch on things and are overrated. Palm protection is important though in one capacity or another. I was considering the Rev'it dirt 2 gloves since they match everything else I need but the palm protection on that seems a bit weird and I wonder if it would do its job properly in a slide.

The easy list:
Ventilation
Knuckles
Finger Protection
Palm protection

To anyone who reads this whole thing, THANKS :)

Last edited:

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think that these quite fit what you're looking for as far as protection goes, but I have to put a plug in for them because they are the first glove that I've ever owned that I really really enjoy wearing. I could sleep in them. Very soft and comfortable. Ventilation is good. It doesn't have a plastic palm slider though. I took a chance on them because of the closeout price and after I wore them on 1 ride I bought 2 more pair for backup....I like them that much.

AGV Sport Stiletto Gloves (Closeout) - Sportbike Track Gear

arronjackson

Reaction score
Visit site
OoooH my turn! I was just in the same position as you, shopping for gloves, moved to a hot area, need durable ventilated gloves. After tons of research I decided the extra protection from a gauntlet style is worth the extra hassle of putting them on. I settled with the Alpinestars SP Air and I'm totally in love with them. Super cool, won't fall apart, affordable (150 Canadian) and ventilated. Looks were also important to me so I ended up with the black and anthracite ones which just have a black stitched logo instead of white. Still breaking them in and I'm really surprised by how much they've formed to my hand and fingers.

I know people size up for Alpinestars but for this pair there's no need. If you're usually an XL in revit or icon and an XXL in alpinestars then stick with an XL for this glove.

Get these

uploadfromtaptalk1463617921981.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk