Suspension question

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Dont know if this is the right section but here is my question.
I have ordered and waiting for the hyperpro spring kit to put on my 2008 yamaha fz6 s2
Can i install later on the racetech cartridge emulators on this suspension ??? kind of confused. Dont know if its ok to install them on progressive springs and if yes how much difference will it make.

Ty in advance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes... its just labor and oil. Once blocked up, forks come off quick.
Prepare yourself in that you need an effective means of cutting your spring spacer - an aluminum tube. An exhaust tubing cutter works as does hacksaw...

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you very much. This will be installed by my mechanic. Not enough time to do it myself :)

Yes... its just labor and oil. Once blocked up, forks come off quick.
Prepare yourself in that you need an effective means of cutting your spring spacer - an aluminum tube. An exhaust tubing cutter works as does hacksaw...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That said you will want to be there or someone in your weight range +/- 20lbs to set the SAG or you may be wasting your money.

Anyone can toss springs in. Setting the preload for you and bikes weight is what you should be getting for your $$$$.

In short the bikes SAG and rider SAG should be about:
Bike: 8mm +/- 2mm
Rider: 36mm +/- 4mm

I run 32mm front and 29 to 30mm rear.
The bike ## helps us know if you have the right spring and preload for your application.

Read up and watch videos on setting sag.

Ask your tech how he plans to determine the correct preload for your new springs.
Good luck!

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for that information. Just to understand better (english not my native language). The biker sag is how much the spring compresses when i sit on the bike ?

That said you will want to be there or someone in your weight range +/- 20lbs to set the SAG or you may be wasting your money.

Anyone can toss springs in. Setting the preload for you and bikes weight is what you should be getting for your $$$$.

In short the bikes SAG and rider SAG should be about:
Bike: 8mm +/- 2mm
Rider: 36mm +/- 4mm

I run 32mm front and 29 to 30mm rear.
The bike ## helps us know if you have the right spring and preload for your application.

Read up and watch videos on setting sag.

Ask your tech how he plans to determine the correct preload for your new springs.
Good luck!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mostly true. Rider sag. A measure of how far the fork or spring compresses from fully extended to ride height with rider.

Bike sag is the same measurement but the bikes weight only. Easy numbers to get by placing a zip tie loosely on the stanchion tube and measuring from triple clamp down, fully extended and get on gently and in to rider position and measure again.
The back needs at least two people.