Tail Packs - Who uses them? I do!!!!!

I

inkrediboy

Riders,

Yesterday I got a product that blew me away. I had been on the fence for months on what to do about storage capacity on a sportbike. Coming from cruiser land - saddle bags were such a luxury, and when I went sportbike (rocking R1), I had resigned myself to doing without conveniance and comfort for suicidal speed:). There was a ride up north I wanted to do - solo ride - by myself, adventure, off the cuff, rebel bullsheeeeet...head for the hills type of stuff and end up somewhere on Mars after passing through Yosemitie, and Frisco, etc.... I had no end destination, and no hotel reservations - where I laid, was where I laid.

I researched the maps, had it scheduled out, and even took the time off. Was freakin excited, but reality set in once I started contemplating the logistics of bringing "stuff". Dammit!!!

Where am I going to put this, where is that going to go, how do I tie this, crap, this backpack is going to kill me and I'm not going to want to take canyons with laundry on my back. I ended up taking the vacation anyway, and ranked out on that cally trek. I did local runs instead (i'm near canyons and beaches left and right in So Cal ). Came back to the office - tanned-browned-and baked, everybody was like so dam, where are the pictures of this epic adventure, and where did you go..... what did you see????? I had nothing..... I had nothing but guilt.

I ended up doing my research, and finally found something I was willing to take a risk on because I still need to do this trip.

Kriega

actual product page :
Kriega US-20

R1 forum.com was my savior in this instance.

I got these babys last night - and stuffed them beyond belief - Like "stupid" stuffed these things!!! :) I can pack for an entire week COMFORTABLY (we are talking 7 dayer baby without a backpack or tankbag even) with a US-40 setup. 1x 20liter main pack, and 2x10liter smaller expansions. All 3 can be interconnected, 1 up 2 up, or 3up and the system is fully modular or stacked single, double, or triple. The larger pack can even serve as a backpack while traveling in a plane or going from your bike to the hotel room. The secure buckle system to the seat is rock solid, fast, absolutely genious design, and its added a whole new sense of freedom, knowing I'm getting the best of both worlds. Sick ride - clean clothes!!!

A CBR rider up the street last night (sick custom CBR might I add) saw me screwing around with the bags, and now he's going to get some. They look awesome, and compliment the bike instead of making it look like shiiiaat while traveling.

Now I have a ridiculous performance bike - and the ability to take my crap with me.

Can you say, cake and eat it too? If you are in the market for such things - take peek at Kriega - i'm so impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

inkrediboy

Does it end up rubbing the paint anywhere? Looks nice.

What up Jman, no, not at all, and believe me, I'm so touchy with that stuff. I was blown away by the craftsmanship and engineering they put into these things. The design and connection points are brilliant.

I'll post pictures up when I can.

I

inkrediboy

What up Jman, no, not at all, and believe me, I'm so touchy with that stuff. I was blown away by the craftsmanship and engineering they put into these things. The design and connection points are brilliant.

I'll post pictures up when I can.

oh, and waterproof to boot. These things rock, and can be removed in seconds.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Cortech Sport tailbag daily! Love it! It comes with a waterproof rain cover. Expandable and holds a LOT! :steve: Couldn't live without it at this point.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
but i wonder what speeds they are rated for. those do look really nice. nice enough for the next time i go bag shopping

I

inkrediboy

I use the Cortech Sport tailbag daily! Love it! It comes with a waterproof rain cover. Expandable and holds a LOT! :steve: Couldn't live without it at this point.

Yeah those techs are cool - I checked them out too, the Kriega interchangable system, using different packs for different storage needs (like the 10 liter single for my daily commute -worked awesome this morning) a 20 by itself for even carrying around a helmet - or a 20 connected to a 10 or the 20 bolted to both of the 10's for those long hauls. The locking mechanisms and the fact they were water proof without covers or mods really sold me on them. Their price is right on too.

Got all 3 for around around 240.00 us Dollars shipped from the UK.

No more "want" to do long trips, now I'm going to "do" long trips :)

figured I'd post up this information, because someone really helped me out with their own recommendations. I'm stoked man!

I

inkrediboy

but i wonder what speeds they are rated for. those do look really nice. nice enough for the next time i go bag shopping

I got to be honest with you, I don't plan on doing 150 mph with all 3 of them strapped behind me :) - but their low stature on the back height and ergonomics (especially the US-10) I'm sure could stand up to the top tach speed on my R1 loaded and connected. I tracked about 90mph this morning, and the tail bag didn' even wink.

BTW - 10 year warranty on these things - I'm sold brothers.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I use this field sheer tail bag daily.
FIELDSHEER The Official Site
I think you can also buy some side bags to attach to it. I've used it for weekend trips and also for school and day to day riding. How much did you pay for the kriega bags?

Last edited:

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Kriega tail pack as well on my FZ6, I use it to carry my monstrous Almax Security chain with me. Awesome thing!

NOMALOS

Reaction score
Visit site
Man I gotta say those bags are pretty sweet! I use a backpack right now whenever i go out, but it does get a little annoying always having it strapped to my back. Plus whenever its really hot out I take my pack off and my shirt is drenched in sweat when the pack was. I'm sold! :thumbup: How long did it take to deliver?

J

jsteinb95

Thanks sweetie pie 95. - you'll like them when you see it. Its tight.

So you got a tailbag, boots, suit, GLOVES?!? (a must, to get rid of those tan lines/circles ;) )

You're ready to ride!!!

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't survive without my tank bag! That tail pack looks great though. I've got a Cortech tailbag...but that one looks to be a little better quality.

I

inkrediboy

Man I gotta say those bags are pretty sweet! I use a backpack right now whenever i go out, but it does get a little annoying always having it strapped to my back. Plus whenever its really hot out I take my pack off and my shirt is drenched in sweat when the pack was. I'm sold! :thumbup: How long did it take to deliver?

I spoke to a guy named Dom over there - and had them no joke delivered in 3 days!!

Order was finalized and ready for shipment on the 16th, and had them delivered to my front door from the UK by the 19th!!!!!

I was like what?????????? Bad ass. I wouldn't have posted it up if it wasn't a bad ass product :) These guys are good over there.

Definitely no more backpacks for me brother - freedom of movement on and off the bike (especially in Canyon riding) is a great thing. Felt naked coming into work today without a backpack :)

I

inkrediboy

So you got a tailbag, boots, suit, GLOVES?!? (a must, to get rid of those tan lines/circles ;) )

You're ready to ride!!!

Freakin Suga Momma always instigating :) What she is referring to is I still ride with cruiser fingerless gloves :) I'm slowly changing up my gear, and not ready to wear boxing gloves on my bike!!! Kick ass fingerless (fonzie style gloves) but leave horrible tan lines because I ride so much.

J - stop being a meanie :spank:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
nice!

I have a nike backpack that has been modified to be a tail bag, it works awesome, i'll have to take pics of it someday, the best part is, it takes less than 15 seconds to attach it, and less than 3 to remove it :)

I love my saddlebags, probably the best thing I've ever purchased for my bike:

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

DSC_07062.jpg

I

inkrediboy

nice!

I have a nike backpack that has been modified to be a tail bag, it works awesome, i'll have to take pics of it someday, the best part is, it takes less than 15 seconds to attach it, and less than 3 to remove it :)

I love my saddlebags, probably the best thing I've ever purchased for my bike:

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

DSC_07062.jpg

Hey Pilot, thats a crazy lean you got going with all that gear - cool pic brother.

sconner

Reaction score
Visit site
Sure is some good lean! Get those toes up the pegs and get on the inside of the bike soldier!!! Fix that form or the road will fix you! :spank: :D