The first cold one of the year.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No im not talking beer, I had frost this morning down in Berkshire. Low and behold I saw my first gritter to. I spoke to a guy on Tuesday at speedway and he told me that 3M make a spray that protects calipers and exposed alloy. Have any of you come across it or an equivilant.

Neil:Sport:

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
No im not talking beer, I had frost this morning down in Berkshire. Low and behold I saw my first gritter to. I spoke to a guy on Tuesday at speedway and he told me that 3M make a spray that protects calipers and exposed alloy. Have any of you come across it or an equivilant.

Neil:Sport:

Dunno about 3M mate, but this stuff is OK. Allegedly better than WD40 as it doesn't attack rubber like WD.

intobikes.co.uk :: Swarfega Duck oil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Phil,
I thought that no bugger was going to respond to my thread. I was going to delete it. Have you used the stuff. I clean my calipers every week. They are looking older than the bike. Its such a pain.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont want to lay up mate, I want to ride the bugger with out it rotting out from beneath me.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No im not talking beer, I had frost this morning down in Berkshire. Low and behold I saw my first gritter too.
Today was my first cold one (in Holland), although I thought about taking the cage I was pleased I didn't.
I had a glorious ride home, sunset, red sky, Ok it was about 5 degrees celcius (no idea what that is in farenheit), but felt warm compared to my ride in this morning. Did 1/3 of the ride (15 mins) with a colleage/mate of mine on his FJR, perfect.
I did realise a few things though:
1) Two headlights are so much better looking than one, must get that Mod done.
2) Have to get my pinlock visor down from the attic, my helmet was steaming up no end in the cold.
3) Have to put my chin guard/flap back in my helmet (to help against cold chin/neck).

Sorry Niel don't know what the best stuff is for your calipers but I had beter get it sorted as well as I'm also planning to run the bike through the winter.

B

Bo67

Did one commute last week while it was 29 degrees out. I head out for work at 5 am. Real cold but it's nice here in the afternoons; upper 50's to mid 60's.

Be careful on those frosty mornings!