The Rolling Stones - off the bucket list.....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's done.

The Rolling Stones.

It's been crossed off my "music bucket list".

Saw them on Wednesday night at the Perth Arena - waited 7 months longer than I should have because unfortunately Mick's then girlfriend, L'Wren Scott, took her own life 2 days before they were to play in March - whole tour got postponed.

They were absolutely incredible. Once in a lifetime gig - they are 70 odd and were more animated on stage than a lot of other younger bands! And they looked like they were having a good time.

Highlights - Sympathy for the Devil (with Mick wearing a red feather cape...), You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir) and Keith Richards singing You Got The Silver - sooo good.

Loved, loved, loved it.

Very happy

Some pics - sorry about quality - nose bleed section and iPhone :) Plus this was the ONLY photo I got of Mike (Prebstar) and myself without him "fully" pulling a stupid face - bloody men :rolleyes:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much my "music bucket list" done.

I've seen Bowie, The Stones, QOTSA, Duran Duran ( :D ), Smashing Pumpkins, The Who, Metallica, Chemical Brothers, David Byrne, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Isaak, Pearl Jam, Split Enz, Inxs, Jamiroquai, Nick Cave and LOADS more.

Have Jack White and AC/DC (have to see them even though I am NOT a bogan...) and I'm happy. I think ;)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Good on you Karen and thanks for the pictures. Nice list of bands on the bucket list.

Now you just have to meet Rossi in person!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good on you Karen and thanks for the pictures. Nice list of bands on the bucket list.

Now you just have to meet Rossi in person!

Done that.

3 times :D

Got photos, autographs and shook his hand when he won his 7th world championship - when he stole the sheet from the hotel at Philip Island and used that. Randy Mamola had just thrown a foam pie at his head, so I even got some of that on my hand too :D:D:D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow very cool!

I saw them in 1982, supporting the Start Me Up album.

Heart and George Thorogood opened for them. Tickets were $25.00!!!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in the mid 70's we paid $5.50 to see three top name bands then I had to pay $8.50 just to see the Who. At the time I thought that was pretty steep but it was worth it to see the band with Keith Moon.

Kaza is ahead of me, three artists I would still like to see would be Pink Floyd, Stones and Bowie.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of you will think I'm crazy and disagree but I was never a fan of them. Back during my glory days when I worked and toured with music entertainment, I was out with No Doubt and we did a one off opening up for the Stones in Detroit at Ford Field. Having full access in the venue since I was part of the touring crew, I could have watched the show from anywhere, but I never did, not even for one song which I would usually do for any night I'm working.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
i got my music bucket list done early. never saw REM or The Replacements, though. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers i should aspire to see, and maybe i will

still some artists i wouldn't mind seeing. bbl to post a few, and why

saw the Stones almost 20 years ago. they still the same, though

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Rep point distribution device wouldn't give any more love but here's what it would say - It's nice to see everyone live their dream and cross things off the list! :thumbup::thumbup: