The Sound of Summer

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The sun’s out, temperature has been above freezing this past week and a bit, causing quite the snow melt down. I took the snow thrower out and ran it to drain the carb dry and gave it a good wash down in preparation for a well deserved sleep. This temperamental biatch served me well this past winter, after two carb re-builds and an intake gasket, complained the odd time but through it all but did what she was supposed to do, throw snow.

Now that’s behind us, parked for the season, I unplugged the battery tender and pulled the other lady out today from under the covers and set her in the middle of the bay. I haven’t seen her colors since the beginning of November. Wow, what a sight! Stuck the key in and gave it two cranks and a little twist of the throttle and awake she did, Two Bro’s rumbling, singing like she was just running yesterday. The wife popped her head through the garage door and said “I know that sound!”. Yup, the sound of summer I said back to her with a big smile.

Gawd, I hope I didn’t jinx it.

dp_130331_01.jpg

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!!!

I beat you by one day.

This is from yesterday. It was a beautiful day here in NYC.

Truth is I have been riding non stop even in winter, just not enjoying it THAT much lol.

8606872607_78a89e66d3_c.jpg

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great to see you guys have got the bikes out, looking nice :thumbup:

I ride through the winter but generally we have warmer weather than you guys, well it was snowing here this morning :banghead:

I can only hope that the summer will compensate this year :thumbup:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Great to see you guys have got the bikes out, looking nice :thumbup:

I ride through the winter but generally we have warmer weather than you guys, well it was snowing here this morning :banghead:

I can only hope that the summer will compensate this year :thumbup:

My relatives in ( north eastern) Poland complain that they might as well just change the decorations on their Christmas trees to Easter ones since it's snowing so much there.

I need to move to California or Florida. I am a creature of comfort.:D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been riding through the winter too.. been lazy about snapping pics lately though.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh so many questions need to be answered !!!

What's a snow blower ?? ;)

What's a winter ?? :Flip:

What's a battery tender ?? :rolleyes:

What's a bike cover ?? :BLAA:

Seriously mate , glad to see you have rolled the covers off that gorgeous beast , happy riding while you play catch up on the rest of us :cheer: :cheer:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same a few days ago when temps finally got above 50 and I was at home from work trying to kick the flu bug. Couldn't keep me out of the garage, though; and put her back together and ready for the season!

Still haven't quite gotten rid of the bug, but DAMN am I excited to get out now that she's ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
It always seems to warm up the second I take my bike apart. It hit 63 yesterday and there sat my bike, forkless and waiting for electrical parts.

She'll forgive me when she sees how sexy she'll be with a fresh matte black spray job on the forks, an integrated taillight, LEDs all around an an HID projector up front, but she wasn't too happy to miss out on yesterday.

Don't mind the messy garage, landlord lets me use it but won't let me organize it or throw out any of his stuff (4+ broken push mowers, old batteries, tires and general crap)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you young? Back in the day, I used to ride all year. Couldn't get enough of it.
Loved riding the Honda in the snow. Now my aching joints want no part of that :spank:

This!

I'm 34 and <7% body fat and grew up in New Orleans.

I don't do cold.

Anything below 40F and I don't ride.

My 1.5L econo car gets 40mpg. Why freeze my butt off and have no fun on the bike if I can be warm and cozy in the cage?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
b/c your 1.5L engine probably doesn't do a very good job heating up the cage :BLAA:

True. But it's due to a 20 year old heater core.

Even at ambient in a cage with no heater 40F in a cage with no wind beats -20 windchills at 60mph on the bike.

People who enjoy riding below freezing are either kidding themselves, have snowmobile gear and heated grips or they only ride in a straight line...or all of the above. :D

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
haha, I'm just giving you a hard time. My bike almost never gets ridden after December, but that's because the roads are covered in salt, and Cleveland cold is a bit worse than the VA cold you're talking about. I'm no sadist, I have heated leather seats in my cage and love it in the winter. AWD vs 1WD? hah.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My relatives in ( north eastern) Poland complain that they might as well just change the decorations on their Christmas trees to Easter ones since it's snowing so much there.

I need to move to California or Florida. I am a creature of comfort.:D

Well luckily it's not snowing now, but it's still pretty fresh out, it is now 3 degrees (celcius), but there is a bitterly cold strong North easterly blowing which according to the weather report brings it down to -3 with windchill :eek: I'm going for a ride this evening with a local club, but I'm going to be wrapped up well :thumbup:.

:hijack::ban::spank:

The sun’s out, temperature has been above freezing this past week and a bit, causing quite the snow melt down. I took the snow thrower out and ran it to drain the carb dry and gave it a good wash down in preparation for a well deserved sleep. This temperamental biatch served me well this past winter, after two carb re-builds and an intake gasket, complained the odd time but through it all but did what she was supposed to do, throw snow.

Now that’s behind us, parked for the season, I unplugged the battery tender and pulled the other lady out today from under the covers and set her in the middle of the bay. I haven’t seen her colors since the beginning of November. Wow, what a sight! Stuck the key in and gave it two cranks and a little twist of the throttle and awake she did, Two Bro’s rumbling, singing like she was just running yesterday. The wife popped her head through the garage door and said “I know that sound!”. Yup, the sound of summer I said back to her with a big smile.

Gawd, I hope I didn’t jinx it.

dp_130331_01.jpg

Looking good, when's your first ride :rockon:

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Heated grips would be the only thing I want in the winter. I can put more clothes on my body, but can't get a whole lot on my hands lol. Even those half moon hand guards would be a godsend. When my hands are purple from riding in 25 degree weather at 70mph. I ain't going to lie.... IT HURTS!

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
And yes for some stupid reason it's still cold here!!!!! Must be all that global warming melting the polar ice caps and killing the polar bears. It's so dang hot we are freezing ;)

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
And yes for some stupid reason it's still cold here!!!!! Must be all that global warming melting the polar ice caps and killing the polar bears. It's so dang hot we are freezing ;)

THIS

I have been told for so many years that global warming is coming. well where the hell is it? I see plenty of snow and freezing wind, i don't see no warming? i have even been trying to speed it up by de-cating my bike ( yes that was the only reason :BLAA: )