Thinking of maybe selling my bike

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive owned my FZ6N in less than a year and most of those times was me rebuilding the bike from junk to where it is now. Back from the dead!

Lately Ive been eyeing its bigger brother FZ1N
I saw one personally but havent ridden one.

Im having 2nd thoughts about this because i havent really ridden the bike just around the city and short rides to the mountain,
In short i havent really enjoyed the bike to where it weighs my hard work for me to let it go.

A friend of mine. Borrowed my bike for the day and he seems to love it.

I love the bike because of what i did to it. But these FZ1N seems to be alot of fun to ride

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1N is a lot of bike...essentially a naked R1. Great suspension and brakes. A buddy of mine had one for a while and I really liked his.
Its really hard to decide, especially the price difference between the two isn't that far.
And the FZ1 has a lot of aftermarket tuning parts compared to S1 FZ6.

Its hard to let go of this bike , my first inline 4 bike.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also considering of getting away from my 05, had this bike for the last 12 years and it is hard to get away from it but its starting to give me issues that I am not sure are worth spending money on getting fixed over getting into a 2018-2020 MT-07, most people say I will love the mt07 but it has 25hp less then my bike and I definitely love my undertail exhaust, such a hard decision to make. For me this will mostly be a commuter bike

Last edited:

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also considering of getting away from my 05, had this bike for the last 12 years and it is hard to get away from it but its starting to give me issues that I am not sure are worth spending money on getting fixed over getting into a 2018-2020 MT-07, most people say I will love the mt07 but it has 25hp less then my bike and I definitely love my undertail exhaust, such a hard decision to make. For me this will mostly be a commuter bike
so you do lose that power if you go to an MT07, but the power in the MT is much lower in the rev range. you basically have full torque in the mt at 4000 rpm, the fz6 is not until around 10,000 rpm. and the fz6 doesnt actually have a lot more torque, just top end HP. and i think up until 8000 rpm the MT is putting out more HP.

For me i like the feel of high revving engines and that continuous torque growth through the revs, but i have friends who hate it and love thumpers with all the torque from the bottom of the revs.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
R
Yes those twin undertail exhaust i love it!

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fo
so you do lose that power if you go to an MT07, but the power in the MT is much lower in the rev range. you basically have full torque in the mt at 4000 rpm, the fz6 is not until around 10,000 rpm. and the fz6 doesnt actually have a lot more torque, just top end HP. and i think up until 8000 rpm the MT is putting out more HP.

For me i like the feel of high revving engines and that continuous torque growth through the revs, but i have friends who hate it and love thumpers with all the torque from the bottom of the revs.
For daily commute mt's are very good, but it doesn't scream like fz6's inline 4, ive ridden xsr900 and i fall inlove with that bike has lots of torque down low but the price is too much for me

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think triples are always the right answer. And I think the triple in the Triumph Street series is as about as good an engine as you'll ever find. When I find the right one at the right price, I wont hesitate to buy it.

...doesn't mean I'd sell my FZ6 though.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to an XSR 900 and the torque from the getgo is awesome the triple is a great platform. I did read lots of reports saying the XSR 700 was a good commuter, I just preferred the look of the 1st gen 900. still do over the 2nd gen 900.
I do miss the under tail exhaust a little but not enough to have enticed me to keep the FZ6. I really wanted a bit more zip, the ergs on the 900 suited me more and I fell in love with the styling. My red/white 2021 model is now all white panels over black frame / motor and I am happy 20220711 XSR900.jpg

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ1 will have lower range as it has both higher fuel consumption and lower tank capacity. And liter bikes suck at slow city riding during the summer, your legs will cook. Wanted to buy a FZ1 GT and extend it's tank a few years ago but gave up as my FZ6 was already sorted out (R6 fork and brakes, exhaust, new tires, rebuilt engine, rebuilt brakes etc) + I already had another bike.

Don't know your current financial situation and your local ownership costs (tax, insurance, etc) but looking in perspective with everything getting more expensive by the day, the value of a FZ6 is low enough that it makes sense to just keep it.

If I really got the itch for another bike, I'd keep everything I already have and just convince myself that I am investing into diversifying my assets.