Thunderfill track day

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday hubby and I went to Thunderhill raceway in Willows, CA for our first full track day. I had to post up these awesome pics they got of me.
View attachment 56593
View attachment 56594
We had 3 goals for the day.
1. Hubby wanted to drag knee
2. I wanted to get half a cheek off the seat
3. All come home safe & sound

We met all three of our goals. Sorry no pics of me with my cheek off. Of course that was late in the day after the photographers had finished.

I enjoyed my day at the track. I would love to go back again. I learned a lot and it was a lot of fun. It is just expensive! Trailering bikes 4+ hours to the track, hotel, meals, track fees, gas. It all adds up but it was fun! Makes me want to go to work so I can go to a track day again....:cheer:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice indeed. Track days are a blast and one of the best way to improve your riding skills.

Just noticed you have the same Quest helmet as my wife! Smart girl.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
why are the headlights, turn signals, mirrors, covered?

The tape minimizes smaller pieces of broken glass or plastic lens on the track should there be an impact. Many tacks also require the deactivation of the electrical circuits like lights etc. to I would imagine, minimizing an ignition source should there be a fuel spill after an impact. Also the coolant may have to be eliminated/exchanged for another non glycol bases coolant because it is so slippery in the event it ends up on the track.:)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also the coolant may have to be eliminated/exchanged for another non glycol bases coolant because it is so slippery in the event it ends up on the track.:)

True, but typically only for expert groups. For novice they usually have no issues with running basically stock bikes.. just gotta tape lenses off.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday hubby and I went to Thunderhill raceway in Willows, CA for our first full track day. I had to post up these awesome pics they got of me.
View attachment 56593
View attachment 56594
We had 3 goals for the day.
1. Hubby wanted to drag knee
2. I wanted to get half a cheek off the seat
3. All come home safe & sound

We met all three of our goals. Sorry no pics of me with my cheek off. Of course that was late in the day after the photographers had finished.

I enjoyed my day at the track. I would love to go back again. I learned a lot and it was a lot of fun. It is just expensive! Trailering bikes 4+ hours to the track, hotel, meals, track fees, gas. It all adds up but it was fun! Makes me want to go to work so I can go to a track day again....:cheer:

AWESOME!! Welcome to the addiction! I remember that feeling of not being able to get track riding out of my mind.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
True, but typically only for expert groups. For novice they usually have no issues with running basically stock bikes.. just gotta tape lenses off.

Another reason they have you tape or remove the mirrors is you don't need to be concerned about what is behind you. Focus ahead-eyes up.

Heck, I rarely have time to look at the tach. When one is busy hauling butt on the track all you need to do is listen to the rpms and work on your lines.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice indeed. Track days are a blast and one of the best way to improve your riding skills.

Just noticed you have the same Quest helmet as my wife! Smart girl.

Cool! She must be a Goddess just like me :cheer:

Does she ride too?

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
why are the headlights, turn signals, mirrors, covered?

This track organization requires all lights to be either off or taped over. Speedo has to be taped & mirrors have to be taped or removed. If we pulled the fuse on my Sprint for the lights the ignition wouldn't work either, so we had to tape. I guess its to minimize distractions.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! She must be a Goddess just like me :cheer:

Does she ride too?

Why yes she is a Goddess :D

She is only a pillion on the Wing. A very good pillion, when I had the FJR she would file her fingernails on the guard rails when working the twisties. :thumbup:

You must meet her, Motogiro knows I married up.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking great out there Monica! :cheer:

One of those pics would be a nice entry in bike of the month....hint hint :)

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a blast! I did my first track day last year at Road America and am signed up to do Autobahn Country Club on May 23rd.. I'm super excited!