Tires that fit and Reviews.

zdrinkwine70

Reaction score
Visit site
Rear-190/55 Michelin pilot 3 Front 120/70 Michelin pilot 3. I currently have 7,000 miles and still have tread and no flat spots. They are a sport touring tire so they are a harder compound in the middle but stuck a very stick sticky and very soft compound on the outside. My dad has tried many tires, continental, Bridgestone, pirelli( really loud they slap), and nothing has compared to the Michelin’s in longevity, Corning, quietness, and yeah they are a little expensive but they are very much worth it.

zdrinkwine70

Reaction score
Visit site
Rear-190/55 Michelin pilot 3 Front 120/70 Michelin pilot 3. I currently have 7,000 miles and still have tread and no flat spots. They are a sport touring tire so they are a harder compound in the middle but stuck a very stick sticky and very soft compound on the outside. My dad has tried many tires, continental, Bridgestone, pirelli( really loud they slap), and nothing has compared to the Michelin’s in longevity, Corning, quietness, and yeah they are a little expensive but they are very much worth it.

zrexrich

Reaction score
Visit site

Just curious if you have any clearance issues with the 190/55 rubbing/hitting the inner fender, chain or swing arm? It looks like there's enough room in there but figured it might be close.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm confused, why would you mount 190s to this bike? You just pay more for your tires and make the handling worse . . .

I've run Bridgestone BT023, T 30/30 evo and the S21s. The 21s are nice and sticky, but I never had any trouble with the 30s or 30 evos and they did better in the rain and wet. Also, double the mileage if you don't get punctures regularly. (I did at the time)

Last set I put on were Metzeler Roadtec 01s, which I was very happy with for a while. Can't tell you how they wear or how long they last for sure yet. I had a crash on my way across the country last summer and have been stuck off the bike for any appreciable time since then.

My only trouble with the bridgestone 30 variants was that the front tire wore into a "V" shape that could make steering twitchy. If you live in a part of the country with not very many corners, that's unlikely to be an issue though.

Japarley

Reaction score
Visit site
Avon Storm 3D X-M

I run my bike on
Avon Storm 3D X-M
33/36 it rides great, I weigh 210
iv always run Avons ...! some people love them, some hate them?
here in the UK where i live, we have motorways, beautiful country side ,lots of twisting roads
and they do them all perfect ...!!!

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I run Dunlop Q3+ in OEM sizes. Handling is exceptional. RIde is good. Noise is high. Warm up is exceptionally fast.

I use the Q3+ tires becasue I want great grip, great feedback to the edges and a fast warm-up. These tires warm up with just one or two accelerations - that's it - ready to ride. To me, grip is the number one job of a motorcycle tire. Most supersport tires require a high operating temperature to provide their full potential - that's why SS tires are not a good choice for street use. The Q3 provides its best grip at street speeds.

While these tires will last 3,000 to 4,000 miles, I really don't care about longevity as much as I do grip. If you are looking for a tire that gives a comfortable ride and lasts for 8,000+ miles, this is not the tire for you.