Tornados in the US

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
That part of the country (south east states ) has been getting hammered from what we see on the news. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

I grew up in Minnesota and we would get them in the summer-Tornados are so scary.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alabama got absolutely rocked yesterday. Had one tornado that traveled a total of 170 miles on the ground. Tore through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Here in Murfreesboro, TN the tornado sirens ended up going off 3 times through the day, though only the first one hit us directly. I drove around to see the damage today, looks like 3 different parts of Murfreesboro got possible tornados, EF0 at the most. Mainly just trees uprooted laying on some houses. Never have I seen storms like that last ALL DAY. Usually its one or at the most 2 waves with a few tornados. It was just pumping supercell after supercell through!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Alabama got absolutely rocked yesterday. Had one tornado that traveled a total of 170 miles on the ground. Tore through Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Here in Murfreesboro, TN the tornado sirens ended up going off 3 times through the day, though only the first one hit us directly. I drove around to see the damage today, looks like 3 different parts of Murfreesboro got possible tornados, EF0 at the most. Mainly just trees uprooted laying on some houses. Never have I seen storms like that last ALL DAY. Usually its one or at the most 2 waves with a few tornados. It was just pumping supercell after supercell through!
Glad you're ok :)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a buddy on a Home Theater forum that just escaped any damage, but 9 lives were lost in his county in Tennessee. His boss's son took this photo:

imagejpeg_2_12.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a super active year for tornadic activity, worst since 1974 I believe. Must be terrible to have your home and belongings blown to the four winds in about 20 seconds. God bless those affected.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah what Kazza said guys stay safe & hope no members are effected , been keeping a close eye on the twisters from Oz (the things fascinate me) coz chasing one is right at the top of my bucket list :thumbup: