Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sort of..

gifs_10.gif

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The first time I watched it, I thought the front rider was trying to balance himself, and I think the back rider did too. He almost widens his line right into the downed rider!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The first time I watched it, I thought the front rider was trying to balance himself, and I think the back rider did too. He almost widens his line right into the downed rider!

Yeah, the problem with the foot thing is that it can be read 2 ways:
1. There is a hazard in the direction I'm pointing.
2. "Go that way!"

Unless it's covered in rider's meeting, it leaves room for personal interpretation.. not good.

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been at the paddock when it happen. They are not covering this type of signals during riders meeting. Instructor (first guy) was improvising. I agree there is quite a lot of room for misinterpretation, but when I've talk with him he told me at this moment he thought it will be most recognizable signal of danger. All other signals in that trackday group are given by hand, so he decided to use leg to point to hazard.

I know all guys involved (instructor ahead, guy with camera onboard and a victim) so it was a thrill to watch it :eek:

Here is full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOgKBemKOQM

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been at the paddock when it happen. They are not covering this type of signals during riders meeting. Instructor (first guy) was improvising. I agree there is quite a lot of room for misinterpretation, but when I've talk with him he told me at this moment he thought it will be most recognizable signal of danger. All other signals in that trackday group are given by hand, so he decided to use leg to point to hazard.

I know all guys involved (instructor ahead, guy with camera onboard and a victim) so it was a thrill to watch it :eek:

Here is full video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOgKBemKOQM

Sick!! Serious pace too! Was this Expert or Advanced group?

Really do think it's a good idea to come up with a designated signal for this type of scenario and remind at every rider's meeting.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! Puckered buttholes anyone??

I know its armchair quarterbacking, but do they teach you to roll into the dirt?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes! Puckered buttholes anyone??

I know its armchair quarterbacking, but do they teach you to roll into the dirt?

Yes, getting off the tarmac asap is covered in rider's meetings. They also tell you to crawl off instead of jumping up and running off. Better to get run over while you're flat vs taking a hit when you're fully upright.

Thing is.. unless you crash often and are totally used to it, your mind may not be 100% focused when you go down.

I'm just happy to see that ended as well as it did.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Better to get run over while you're flat vs taking a hit when you're fully upright.

Reminds me of Franco Uncini's crash at Assen, he fell and got up and bolted, only to be hit by Wayne Gardner and seriously injured, losing his helmet like Marco Simoncelli at Sepang. The difference being, Franco survived.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxldzVWytGw"]uncini collison at Dutch tt - YouTube[/ame]