Two Brothers Group Buy.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
PM Admin if you want in...This is a ongoing buy after 5. And seeing how we have the first five... We can get singles now for the same price..

So don't say your in unless your REALLY in.. Other wise I will have way to many exhausts for my bike and a HUGE bill on my Visa card which will make me a very unhappy admin... (I can see the server plug from here LOL)

So far we have:

Admin............Carbon with 2 DB Killers........... PAID and on the way!!
christod1 .......Titanium with 2 DB Killers..........PAID and on the way!!
duffy .............Titanium..................................PAID and on the way!!
blueMONday.....Titanium with 2 DB Killers..........PAID and on the way!!
biker_dude43 ...Titanium with 2 DB Killers..........PAID and on the way!!
Hank the Tank...Carbon...................................PAID and on the way!!
mattcosta7......Carbon with 2 DB Killers........... PAID and on the way!!

FZ6 2004-2008 Two Brothers Dual Carbon or Titanium VALE Slip Ons: $750
Aluminum: $609
DB Killers: Add $32 each

Shipping is 30 Bux (Canada and US)

Canadians.... yes we have to pay GST And If applicalble, PST.

Our US friends will be responsible for any local taxes on their end.

ALL Prices are in Canadian Dollars.... Dont ask me what that is in USD.. It depends on the days exchange rate. So just assume it is at par.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay kids I talked to the dist today and we can get these in orders of 5 instead of 10. I have sent in the Dealer account and credit app. So end of next week and I will place the order...

Dennis

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay kids I talked to the dist today and we can get these in orders of 5 instead of 10. I have sent in the Dealer account and credit app. So end of next week and I will place the order...

Dennis

I cant wait.I feel like a child at Christmass...

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I'm in! I've been loosing too much sleep over this exhaust thing, kind of exhausting! (booooo, bad pun)

Anyway, based my decision over a couple of things. Noise being the biggest issue, however seeing as the two bros are close to the M4's then adding the DB killers should tame them a little and put them under. Also, the TB's also come with a fender eliminator, which I was contemplating on getting anyway, and the LED flashers, which I may or may not use.

Probably going to regret this but hey, "God hates a coward!". :thumbup:

P.S. It's wife approved!

Last edited:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In terms of dBA levels I found the below thread in SBN:

The Exhaust Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I have seen an awful lot of “exhaust threads” of one type of another, and have been working on trying to get some info from the manufacturers as well, so as to compile it all in one nice tidy thread. I think it might be a good idea to try and consolidate all the various exhaust threads into one, where everyone can just keep adding to the knowledge base. If I am mistaken, well then just let this thread die I suppose lol.

First off, in the October issue of Sport Rider they tested over 30 slip on pipes, on a 2004 Yamaha R6 (which is fairly close to our bikes mil) I realize it’s not our bike, but perhaps it will give us insight into how each company at least attacks a given machine (which may not or may not apply to the FZ6)

I will post all their findings from the manufacturers that I currently know of that make a slip-on system for our particular bike.

2004 R6 Stock: 106.4HP & 90dba & 8.2lbs

Akrapovic: 108.8 HP & 95dba & 4.7lbs
Arrow: 107.8 HP & 99dba & 5.6lbs
Bos: 108.1 HP & 97dba & 8.6lbs
Devil: 108.1 HP & 101dba & 7.4lbs
Laser: 108.2HP & 96dba & 6.4lbs
Leo Vince: 108.1HP & 101dba & ?lbs
Nikko: 108.3 HP & 99dba & 8.2lbs
Remus: 108.2 HP & 99dba & 7.7lbs
Scorpion: 108.8 HP & 98dba & 5.7lbs
Two Bros Racing: 108.9 HP & 101dba & 4.9lbs
Wolf: 108.4 HP & 110dba & 5.7lbs
Yoshimura: 107.3 HP & 5.7dba & 5.7lbs

NOTE THAT M4s are listed as 92 – 98 dBA M4s
M4 Performance Exhaust Systems
They may go up to 100 dBa when throttle is on maximum RPMs

You can also “hear” how each of these pipes sound by going to:
Sport Rider-motorcycle sport bike exhaust pipe sound clips

Others have also had success with drilling out the stock mufflers with a 12” drill bit of approx. 7/8th in size. (Possibly this with the cat replacement pipe would yield good results power and sound wise at an affordable cost… However, I think it best to always spend the money, if one can.)

Now, on to the famous or infamous Scorpion Exhausts… Well, I can’t do anything besides ask (which I did at my local shops) as to availability… I have a local “CycleGear” shop in town, and they looked it up for me, and told me they have it in stock, (who knows lol) and that it would cost 264.00 for the Titainium ones.

I also have my local Yamaha dealer working up prices for me currently on the Akrapovic, and Leo Vince ones. Hopefully in the next day or so I should know more. In addition, I am looking into the Arrows as well.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread and knowledge base of information concerning exhausts.

BTW in the same issue of Sport Rider they put the Akrapovic Slip-On system on an R1 and one of the quotes from the article is this:
"The Y pipe omits the stock catalyzer in the exhaust path; the catalyzer is a sure source of exhaust-flow restriction and heat, so we are curious to see the performance results"

Ok Now For Some Links:

How To Modify Stock Exhaust:

A number of people have modified the stock muffler, by doing a baffelectomy. Here are some links...

Modify Stock Muffler

Another way (and one I feel is much better) is to remove the cat on the bike.
(It WILL though, increase the sound... just not a ton, like drilling out the muffler can.)

Arrow Cat Eliminator Pipe

..: Arrow Special Parts :..Exhausts Systems

They have a pipe which will eliminate the Cat. It is part of their overall exhaust package, but can be bought seperatly. It comes with the attachment point welded on to the pipe, and weighs half of the stock piece. In addition, the bike will run cooler, and have less back pressure.

Laser Sport Collector

Greetings FZ6 Fans,

We have completed the R&D of the LASER Sports Collector and it will be in production shortly. It will mate perfectly to the LASER X-Treme Quad and the LASER X-Treme Dual systems.

Of course it has been designed to enhance the power output and it is made of lightweight INOX Stainless. Our R&D department has indicated that the stock cat creates a lot of back pressure and thus loss of HP and a hotter running engine. It seems that the testing revealed an excellent EMS system and the use of a PC is not indicated.

**EDIT to remove some colours

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
This sucks...they're so cheap for you guys...and in the admin post there was no mention of europe...I feel sad! :(

....life is such a beach!

Anyone can buy em I just worked out shipping for the US a Canada. So if you want in no prob.....

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dennis, please don't tell me that this offer is not available for us in Europe?

read the reply just above this one:thumbup: ANywhere on earth bu tthe 30 bux base shipping deal is for US and Cananda only....Everywhere else will be a bit more..

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
read the reply just above this one:thumbup: ANywhere on earth bu tthe 30 bux base shipping deal is for US and Cananda only....Everywhere else will be a bit more..

Just had a heart attack. No problem on the additional shipping cost. Kind of expected it anyway.;)

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just emailed the Dist... DB killers are 32 bux each ouuch!!