Two Brothers P1-R PowerTip Silencer - are they worth it?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I'm looking at doing something to reduce the dB output from my TB cans. I've heard conflicting reviews of the P1-R tips. Some say they don't do much others say it makes a noticable noise reduction.

Can any of you TB owners who have the P1-R's installed comment on if they are effective at reucing the dB output? Worth the money?

Was also looking at re-packing the mufflers to help reduce the noise.

Thanks.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I have these on my Two Brothers

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=005-P1

THEY WORK!!!!........................ theP1-R s dont

Could you give us an idea of how much they decrease the noise? Are they just barely noticeable that you have them, or your wife can tell the difference :D ? (don't mean to offend any of you ladies, but my wife doesn't know the difference between the tire & the rim...)

Also, does it keep its deep tone with these installed? I love that deep growl (as deep a growl you can get with a 600c straight 4 ;) )

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have the silence tips on my bike and still have the deep growl you're looking for. I bought the ones that reduce the sound by 4-5db; not sure what bike sounded like without them on because when I installed the exhaust I put the silencers in as well.

You can call Two Brothers and talk to them; I think one of the silencers are from 2-3db and the other is 4-5db.

BTW, they look really good in the exhaust!!!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks all!

I just got off the phone with Two Brothers and ordered up 2 of the P1 tips (005-P1).

Wanted to get USPS shipping (not listed on their web site) as us Canucks can get a nasty $40 additional "brokerage Fee" from cross boarder UPS shipments!!! The guy on the phone was great and USPS shipping cost me $10.00. Going out in the mail today!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman,

Go ahead and buy some packing material as well. The packing TB puts in there is rather lack luster, and doesn't fill the can.

With the power tip and the cans full of packing you will notice a difference.

-bryan

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I just checked with the Vendor I was getting the pipes from

he can get these... 32 USD per tip and 5 bux shipping.. they ship out of Canada.........

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Could you give us an idea of how much they decrease the noise? Are they just barely noticeable that you have them, or your wife can tell the difference :D ? (don't mean to offend any of you ladies, but my wife doesn't know the difference between the tire & the rim...)

Also, does it keep its deep tone with these installed? I love that deep growl (as deep a growl you can get with a 600c straight 4 ;) )

Without them I needed ear plugs...... now I dont..........

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
i heard some with the golden tips in on the canyons, you woudlnt believe its two bros, it was almost as quiet as the lasers, slightly louder than stock

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the power tips, ran it for a couple weeks like that then took them out.
It does lower the output by a few DB's, especially at idle, but I like the loudness better.

I like the sound of the engine to wake me from a dead sleep inside my house if someone were to steal my bike.