Two mods in one day.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful, i started like you, and ended up with an exhaust, seat cowl, bottom cowl, stainless steel lines, FZ1 bar, aftermarket levers, fork emulators, custom shock, and the list goes on and on!

Once you start modding it is very hard to stop...

Slopeflyer

Reaction score
Visit site
Your gps holder you made looks sweet. At the age of 52 leaning over the handlebar is not my thing. I think after I mod the windshield and seat than lower the foot pegs I should be good.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your gps holder you made looks sweet..

Thank you.

I made it sometime ago but its since been replaced.

There wasn't any tilt adjustment and the new set up tucks it down farther and its adjustable now.

The stem nut was custom made out of aluminum (no others ANYWHERE and the company won't make anymore as its too small to make by machine). The black bracket behind the ram mount I made, eveything is then bolted together via a Techmount stem mount.

Tucks in nice and tight, ALL gauges are easliy visable...

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful, i started like you, and ended up with an exhaust, seat cowl, bottom cowl, stainless steel lines, FZ1 bar, aftermarket levers, fork emulators, custom shock, and the list goes on and on!

Once you start modding it is very hard to stop...

Don't forget to powder coat everything black and hang a new TT out back.... Oh ya, I have a nice one for sale!!!

F/I throws down shameful plug...

CLICK PIC! TT looks just like this one! :rolleyes:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott, that assembly for gps mount appears bullet proof! Looks extremely stout!

Slopeflyer = RC gliders???

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott, that assembly for gps mount appears bullet proof! Looks extremely stout!

It was (is). Just trimmed and drilled some HD aluminim, made the alumiinum spacers on the lathe to fit in the risers.

Its a car GPS and the screen tends to wash out in bright sunlight, especially at the wrong angle.

That original was VERY stout/simple (I still have it in my spare parts box) but between the non-adjustability, this set up suits my needs better.

I contemplated getting the BMW Navagator V GPS (an upgraded Garmin 590 with a much better/brighter screen) but at $900, I wouldn't use it enough.

If I did go with it, I would likely put the original silver GPS mount back on and loose the stem mount.. I'd just likely have to make the Navigator rear mounting plate to tuck in with the HD "bridge"..

Slopeflyer

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Slopeflyer = r/c gliders and combat wings. Just when I thought you had the perfect GPS set up you came out with that. Wow that's nice. Lots of talent and spare time too.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Slopeflyer = r/c gliders and combat wings. Just when I thought you had the perfect GPS set up you came out with that. Wow that's nice. Lots of talent and spare time too.

Retired and enjoy wrenching on about anything, and machine working (mostly aluminum), no aluminum welding but everything else... Gas, MIG, arc.

About the only thing I produce for the FZ6 specifically is a right side helmet lock bracket for all models. I make them for numerous BMW's, (distributor is "Pirates Lair"-Easy Helmet locks), FJR's- word of mouth, etc... Keeps me out of trouble ;) .

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Slopeflyer = r/c gliders and combat wings.

My RC stuff is shrinking.. Combat sounds fun tho!
One glider, tho few good thermal hills to soar on (9' span), Trex 450 heli, foam mustang and stunt plane made from cheap foam. Its got one more good crash in it before I pull the electronics and dumpster it.