Unsettling throttle response on 2006

Tunker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I recently test rode a 2006 model, something I noticed was when I rolled on the throttle after coasting that there was a delay then an abrupt jolt - it wasn't very smooth. Does this issue also exist in the 2007+ models? If I don't fully let off the gas it doesn't have this issue but if I fully let it off it does. At lower RPMs it's not a big deal but if you're in the high HP range I think it would be problematic.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All vehicles with EFI are programmed to shut off the fuel supply during coasting with a closed throttle. Your car does it.....but that is a 3,000 pound vehicle with 200 hp - so it is less pronounced. The abrupt transition you experienced is easily remedied with smooth operation of the throttle.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There was a recall for some of the S1 models, There was a web site where you could look up your serial number to see if your bike had the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) replaced. I don't know if the TPS has fixed position but on my SV1000s you can do an adjustment on the TPS position to improve fueling response.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I encountered the same when the bike runs hot
While riding at twisties sometimes the bike jerks instantly the power kicks in.
Ive read somewhere that you can use r6 throttle tube to reduce that jerking feeling, it feels like youre doing throttle chopping.
Motogiro is correct regarding the TPS issue
It may read alright when you use onboard diagnostic but in reality its failing