Upgrading to FZ1 but a couple of questions first

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
O.k. I know this is an FZ6 forum but you guys are so damn smart and have helped me out a lot in the past I thought I would ask you first before I posted on your sister site. Besides I know a lot of you have also upgraded to the FZ1. As it states in the title I am going to sell my FZ6 and will hopefully be picking up my 2009 raven FZ1 this weekend. Do any of you know if the Motogiro or BD43 headlight mod will work on the 1? I really like that mod both for looks and safety and would like it on the new bike. 2nd question is can I still use Rotella T6 as the motor oil of choice for the 1? Thanks again guys, you have been great and I will continue to keep tabs on this site.

Never mind about the oil. Did a quick search on another FZ1 forum and found the answer - you can! Now about the headlight mod?

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, wait a minute. What's this talk about UPGRADING?

Many of us would argue that you're giving up quite a bit to get that extra speed. Blah

You're welcome to stay, and actually, we LIKE to hear stories about poor gas mileage and speeding tickets. :thumbup:

Just don't start talking abut the FZ-09. I barely managed to control that impulse.

Chris

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site

Many of us would argue that you're giving up quite a bit to get that extra speed. Blah

You're welcome to stay, and actually, we LIKE to hear stories about poor gas mileage and speeding tickets. :thumbup:

Just don't start talking abut the FZ-09. I barely managed to control that impulse.

Chris

If it helps, The FZ-09 sucks ;)
Actually, no :(, and if you're used/like to/the Naked version of FZ6, that is a good bike, high torque, 3 different modes for Sportier, Economical and Street driving, light weight than FZ6, wonderful at corners and twisties.
My Cons: Less mpg and less tank capacity than FZ6, higher to insure and pay tickets, No ABS yet in US market (what is wrong with Yamaha?)

But still love my FZ6.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
If it helps, The FZ-09 sucks ;)
Actually, no :(, and if you're used/like to/the Naked version of FZ6, that is a good bike, high torque, 3 different modes for Sportier, Economical and Street driving, light weight than FZ6, wonderful at corners and twisties.
My Cons: Less mpg and less tank capacity than FZ6, higher to insure and pay tickets, No ABS yet in US market (what is wrong with Yamaha?)

But still love my FZ6.

You also forgot the part where the FZ6 corners more confidently than the FZ09. :D

I'm actually curious about the FZ1 myself, I've thought about picking one up. The price is just so good on the used market. The thing is, I'm not sure I want an almost 500 lbs motorcycle.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site

Chris

Yes I agree I will miss my FZ6 but I want something a little newer (don,t want an FZ6R), adjustable suspension from the factory, and yes a little more power!Blah I kept hemming and hawing over an FZ8, FZ-09, FZ1, and even a Ninja 1000. I love the specs on the FZ-09 especially since they have put a little adjustability into the suspension but for some reason I never liked the looks of it, it just seemed too tiny, like a dirt bike for the street. And since I am a Yamaha man at heart I never really considered the Ninja too seriously. I rode the FZ8 and while it was fun it never really did it for me. Then I rode the FZ1 and it was love at first ride! :rockon: You know the feeling you get when your shopping for something and your not sure and then you finally found what your looking for and you know it in your heart. That's the FZ1 for me. But I didn't want to buy one from a dealer which is the one I rode as I thought their OTD price was too high so I was just going to keep my eye out for one from a private party. Well as luck (or fate :confused:) had it I found one the same year and color not far from me that same day with less miles and priced $1000 lower. It was never laid down and only had one adult owner. So I bought it, paid $5500 and couldn't be happier! :cheer:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You also forgot the part where the FZ6 corners more confidently than the FZ09. :D

I'm actually curious about the FZ1 myself, I've thought about picking one up. The price is just so good on the used market. The thing is, I'm not sure I want an almost 500 lbs motorcycle.

for FZ09: Along with that reading other's stories about wheelies (Yamaha FZ-09 Forum), I'm sure, I need a new bike on the 2nd day of owning an FZ09, because the first one will end up like this :eek:
BTW, I'm already crying for this 430lbs stock bike. I need to learn how to control my bike in corners, more tracks days should fix the issue.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That "beast" was very unsympathetic.....he gave me a ticket for doing 9 mph over the limit.......9!!!!
Guess the state of Colorado needed the money.
And I snapped that picture when he walked up to where my husband was and gave him a ticket too! wanker

Last edited:

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
That "beast" was very unsympathetic.....he gave me a ticket for doing 9 mph over the limit.......9!!!!
Guess the state of Colorado needed the money.
And I snapped that picture when he walked up to where my husband was and gave him a ticket too! wanker

Definitely looked like you were putting society at risk by going a weeeeeee bit fast in the middle of nowhere. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so... Selfish!

#coplogic