Need Help US Supplier of Euro model FZ6N clutch cable?

FrankiePoops

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any US source of the FZ6N euro model clutch cable? My clutch cable broke while riding today and the guy I bought it from converted it using parts from a euro model FZ6N, and it looks like and he confirmed that it uses a different clutch cable. My local Yamaha dealer says they can't get the cable.

Parts diagrams:

Looks like it's part # 1B3263350000 instead of the 5VX263350000 that the US models use. All I'm finding is this cable from overseas. I've already ordered 2, one from europe and one from China, but I would like to get it up and running faster. Anyone have a source?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you've taken the only viable route with this. Of course, you could always purchase a clutch perch that is compatible with a US spec clutch cable. That is a fast route, but it's gonna be expensive. You will also have a dang-nice perch.

You can also buy a used FZ6 clutch perch...

FrankiePoops

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you've taken the only viable route with this. Of course, you could always purchase a clutch perch that is compatible with a US spec clutch cable. That is a fast route, but it's gonna be expensive. You will also have a dang-nice perch.

You can also buy a used FZ6 clutch perch...

Oof. Is the difference in the cables just the perch?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oof. Is the difference in the cables just the perch?

The stock US FZ6 clutch cable has a 90 degree bend at the perch, so you will likely need a new cable AND the new perch. But unless the 'customization' has significant benefits, now is the perfect time to undo and avoid future parts issues. Lots of people make their bikes 'different', far fewer make them better.

FrankiePoops

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock US FZ6 clutch cable has a 90 degree bend at the perch, so you will likely need a new cable AND the new perch. But unless the 'customization' has significant benefits, now is the perfect time to undo and avoid future parts issues. Lots of people make their bikes 'different', far fewer make them better.

Yeah, makes sense. I think he did it because he put the FZ1 bar on it. Not sure exactly. For now I have two coming in, but who knows when I'll get them. I think I'll just leave it like that for now.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, makes sense. I think he did it because he put the FZ1 bar on it. Not sure exactly. For now I have two coming in, but who knows when I'll get them. I think I'll just leave it like that for now.

Interesting.... I installed an FZ1 bar years ago and still use the stock perch and cable.

Good luck getting the cables. What did they charge for the cable and shipping?

FrankiePoops

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting.... I installed an FZ1 bar years ago and still use the stock perch and cable.

Good luck getting the cables. What did they charge for the cable and shipping?
$30 from Europe and $20 from China.

Some of the EU bike parts shops I saw online wanted $40-60 plus $75 shipping...