Used 04 FZ6 40K How Long I Got?

roadrunnazpres

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently brought a used 04 FZ6 which has 40K on clock. I brought this bike for the low and only wanted something as my first bike, I could learn on and won't be as mad if I drop it. I don't expect to have it forever especially with 40K but I'm curious how much life left you think I got? I was hoping atleast 15K enough to refine my skill and save for a newer r6, gsxr600 or another 600 class supersport. This bike still feels strong to me even with 40K even passed inspection no problem, look like last owner took care of It says he used for commuting and long distance riding, which could be false but I believe because he also trying to sell saddle/tank bags with it although I was not interested. Oil is in good condition still going to change soon as filter and oil ships, also I will do a coolant flush and replace with engine ice and lastly I probably change spark plugs when I get a chance. Please let me know your opinion on this situation or any other preventative maintenance I could do to get the most out of this deal?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep it maintained and you'll see 100,000 miles out of it.

The engine is about bullet proof.

I think you'll find this bike MUCH more comfortable for daily riding vs your "second bike"...

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only reason 40k is considered high mileage is because unfortunately most bikes get crashed or destroyed by abuse before they reach it.

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
The reason I got this bike was my instructors bike was on 96K MILES!, he reckoned he had the last valve clearance check at 60k and didn't care if it blew up at this point as its done him proud for so long. Brought mine at 27k miles in febuary and put 1500 on it this year, at this rate ill be able to pass it on to my son when I'm gone lol. I think I paid £500 too much at £2500 (about 2100 dollars?) the condition my bike was in compared to others that had done far less miles was brilliant and I knew they go on forever so I went with it and it was an 09 model that had never been dropped.

Edit - saw my instructor the other day on a ride, the same bike must be on 100k miles by now....

Last edited: