Utah Riders Thread

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey you stragglers... You start 'er up yet?
I just changed my oil and went for a quick ride yesterday. I think I'm going to have to go again today. Mid 50s and sunshine, yes please!

Hey Botch, I might be moving up your way soon. Trying to buy a house in South Ogden.
"start 'er up yet?" I did not get the bike on the road in Dec '09, the first month in the three years I've owned her that I failed to ride at least once! :p :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Cool you're looking at houses in S Ogden; I live in the Washington Terrace, next door!

Welcome FZ6Ray! I haven't met up with the other guys in this thread yet (my last job was a bitch and since I've been replaced life is looking up (yeah I mean that!), that'll be another thread once I know what my future will be). Am hoping to do more rides this summer with everyone
and I'll probably be hanging back with you, I've only got three years' experience myself. :rolleyes:
C'mon Spring!!
:BLAA: :BLAA: :BLAA:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forgot to mention, Ray, that I've been working in Tooele these past two weeks, I'm in the Air Force Reserves and have been working at Tooele Army Depot, will be there thru this Sunday (drove home to Ogden for this evening as we're having equipment issues...).
EDIT: Have you taken the "Oquirre Mtn Overlook" road east of town yet? I believe it's "Vine Street" downtown, just keep following it and it twists up thru some nice camping areas and is little-travelled, although I don't go any further once the road turns to gravel. I take the bike when the weather's nice down there for my monthly weekend duty, we'll have to do some riding and then hit Sostanza's or Track's for some food and brew!

Last edited:

FZ6Ray

Reaction score
www.beyondaudiosystems.com
Dude, that's a long ride. South Ogden to Tooele. How far is that? Too bad it's all straight. Yeah I've been up Middle Canyon. Too bad it's not paved all the way up. From the Salt Lake Valley Side, it's called Butterfield Canyon, and it's paved all the way to the top, but there are some parts with lots of gravel on the road. I've taken my Durango over the top many times. The best ride I've been on in the Tooele area is Johnson's Pass. If you head south out of Tooele Army Depot and go thru Rush Valley toward Dugway you go over Johnson's Pass. It's got lots of twists and there is hardly ever any traffic. I've only done it a couple times, but a friend of mine and I are planning on doing it several times this year. It's one of those roads you can ride out to and go up and down in several times. Great for practicing your leaning. Let me know when your coming out on the weekends and we can for sure do some riding. I'm always up for some grub, but so you know, I don't drink. But we can for sure hang out where ever you like. Just call me the designated riding buddy :) Any plans on going to the HANNspree FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP?

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
"start 'er up yet?" I did not get the bike on the road in Dec '09, the first month in the three years I've owned her that I failed to ride at least once! :p :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Cool you're looking at houses in S Ogden; I live in the Washington Terrace, next door!

I'm looking at buying a home up Shadow Valley, it's pretty close to WT.

Yeah, I think you're nuts man. Riding in UT winters is just not right. You put winter tires on that thing? :rolleyes:

Almost 70* today, hope you're enjoying it. Of course, it's supposed to snow for two days starting tomorrow, but that's Utah spring for you.

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
In case you guys don't know, I'm selling the beloved Fazer. If you know anyone who may be interested locally..
My CL listing... $2,900

Sorry to hear that but i actually have a friend in tremonton and ill let him know about it. How many miles does it have? and do you have a phone number he could reach you at?

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but i actually have a friend in tremonton and ill let him know about it. How many miles does it have? and do you have a phone number he could reach you at?

PM sent with info

Replaced with another bike, or.... :(

Not sure yet. If the right one comes along, I have my eye on a Triumph. If the funds are freed up again I'll get one this summer.
I just bought a house and need to free up some $$. Once I get that stimulus money I will try and find another ride. I am NOT quitting riding.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's good to hear! :thumbup:

I'd offer you a ride as pillion on mine, but, you know, that guy thing... :rolleyes:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha. Yeah, I'm not a fan of balls-to-butt riding.
I will stay on this site though, hopefully we can finally all get together and ride. Hope you still let me come even if I don't have the Fazer.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, she sold to a local. He took her whole, which makes me happy. I hope he joins the formum and comes on a couple rides.
As soon as I get another ride, I'll post up and let you guys know. If anyone knows of someone looking to sell a Speed or Street Triple around $6K let me know.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Got myself a new ride. 06 Triumph Speed Triple, 5K miles with a Leo Vince exhaust and PC3. Awesome bike, I'll take some photos and post them soon.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously... I got home yesterday and it was snowing at my house. Gotta love riding when flakes are flying.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Soooo, anyone up for a ride? I'm off for the summer and am dieing to get on some fun roads with friends.

CDBE30

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello gentlemen, just wanted to stop in and say hi - my name's Chase, I'm a 19 year old student at the U, just picked up an '04 FZ6 from a guy in Layton - upgrading from a 1990 Kawi EX500. Hope to meet some of you at some point, maybe even go on a ride sometime.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I'm always game for a ride. Matter of fact, if anyone has some time next week let me know. I'm itching to get the bike through some turns.