V46 vs Trekker 46

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with the following 2 cases? I need to replace my broken Givi Simply e450 case (I have an SW-Motech rack and already swapped the broken monolock plate for a monokey one) and have narrowed it down to the following two replacements and am just not sure which one to go for. I want to look at them in person but can not find a single dealership near me from the Givi website that actually has them in stock in person. They all offer to order them for me.

Givi V46 or Trekker 46 (both 46 liter cases)

The V46 seems almost identical to what I had, just a hair (or rather a litter) larger so I guess this one is pretty easy to figure out what I will be dealing with. The pro of this one is that I can fit two helmets in it. The brakelights are a nice feature too. Its also slightly wider which could be a good thing as far as loading my laptop, or other such wide things, but is also a negative for NYC traffic.

The Trekker seems a little sturdier and rugged looking (very good for me as it will get tons and tons of use with probably me overloading it more than I should). I have very little use for the 2 way opening feature as it will be a top case and that only seems like it might be a potential for rain leakage (and I do ride in almost anything). My old case I think leaked maybe once in its entire life and thats even with its seals falling apart by the end. Also the boxier shape might be nice when trying to squeeze every last millimeter of space out of it.

So what would you buy? Which would you rather have if you needed to pack as much stuff as possible in weather that would make the mailman cry? Feel free to throw in other suggestions too. I can technically buy another adapter plate too for the rack though its probably too late for Twisted Throttle to take this one back.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you actually test fit YOUR two helmets in the V46? I've read that some larger helmets you can't fit two in it. Boxier case might actually be harder to cram things in like a helmet or jacket.

I've got a E52 on my FZ6 and a E45 on my dualsport. Had a E50 but traded it for the E52 because the 52 had the light kit. Both my E50 and E52 have been able to fit two size large helmets.

Also, I would never buy a Givi case new - there's a ton of deals out there on forums, ebay, and craigslist for good condition used cases.
Here's one Givi Monokey V46 Matte Silver A900 46 Liter Case Trunk | eBay

snowfree52

Reaction score
Visit site
My E52 can actually barely take our 2 helmets in there.

We have 2 shark Speer R (mine in L ans hers in S) the L touches the top of the topcase.

are you going to buy them brand new ?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My yamaha (Givi) top box (46L) could take 2 helmets (when I had my Nolan N100), but due to my new Shoei Neotec with a fitted sun visor on it, it can't anymore (as the helmet is quite long and can only sit lengthways now), so I guess it just depends on your helmet(s).

Last edited: