Vibes on Handlebar.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, hear me out.
I recently upgraded my handlebar grips to these.
Motorcycle Black 7 8" Handlebar Hand Grips for Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki | eBay

They are fat, and I like them that way.

Problem is, I have to remove the bar end weights, as you expected vibes are more.
These are not buzz like before, those are vibes.
I used to have some numbness in the wrists (I heard I'm not alone, with FZ6), now, I don't have that buzz, but those vibes moved the buzz from my wrist to my arms/triceps (left only).
Reducing handlebar vibration with lead shot. | Adventure Rider

Bike has stock plugs, 18k miles on it currently.
The front tire is 5k miles old, M-PR3 (No cuppings).
Rear is 1k miles old, M-PR4.
TPS sync hasn't been done either.
Stock exhaust (if that info is relevant).
I use Go Cruise 2 Aluminum, for throttle locker, sometimes, on long stretches.

No vibes on footrest though, clutch engaged or dis-engaged.

I heard my buddy's FZ6 have the similar problem, he has less than 8k miles as of now.

505369ee-a495-4b53-bf25-8f4b50bab8f9.jpg

ed645f71-d33d-436d-87d7-15a6950e5de4.jpg

The left one is superglued, and the stock bar end weights don't go in.

1. Can I use these Rizoma bar end adapters to extend?

https://www.motovationusa.com/rizom...dIsKWRWz-OjQ6uDlYkGRLxbKqjqD2-kcNkRoCsjjw_wcB

2. Filling the handlebar with lead shots*/bar snake/play-sand with silicone sealant is a better idea?
*I heard to use two different weights of lead weights, for maximized fitting.

3. Do you have any aftermarket weights in mind, which have long screws?

I see this thread is dead or something, the UI looks different, so, I started one again.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-32920.html

Thanks for reading and for your patience.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just cut the ends off these grips, just like the stockers and put your bar ends back in?
It'd look fine, especially if trimming off JUST the outer end..

There's no reason that won't work and look fine/stock. Just take your time trimming. You can get a super nice
final trim putting the grip GENTLY to the side of a grinding wheel..

Re arm pain / discomfort, try either risers or riser /set backs...They make a major difference in comfort. Mine,
being sets backs and risers do not make you feel like your riding a cruiser, just more comfort and you can still
lean into the front when need be...

I just posted a thread about worn spark plugs causing vibs.. If you have over 10K on any plugs, change them,
it DOES make a difference and solved my issue (high frequency vibs).

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just cut the ends off these grips, just like the stockers and put your bar ends back in?
It'd look fine, especially if trimming off JUST the outer end..
That was the first thing that crossed my mind :), problem is, the length of stock grip will cut through the first outer rubber bump, I'll try to do it carefully.

There's no reason that won't work and look fine/stock. Just take your time trimming. You can get a super nice
the AM grips are much longer than original.

final trim putting the grip GENTLY to the side of a grinding wheel..

Re arm pain / discomfort, try either risers or riser /set backs...They make a major difference in comfort. Mine,
being sets backs and risers do not make you feel like your riding a cruiser, just more comfort and you can still
lean into the front when need be...

I just posted a thread about worn spark plugs causing vibs.. If you have over 10K on any plugs, change them,
it DOES make a difference and solved my issue (high frequency vibs).

will order the iridiums and give a try.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
By taking the weights off you changed the frequency of when and where the vibes occur...

Off hand if you fix the engine vibes it may be ok as is. But as mentioned, I'd cut the ends off and fit the oem bar ends on there.

Also, oem bars are going to be harder to fill with the welded in bar-end attachment inside!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to clarify for the longer grips, don't cut thru the outer, what you see / touch part.

BUT, cut out the very end of the grip, just big enough for your weights to go back in..

For the throttle end, a knats hair wider so the grip doesn't drag on the weight

If the grips are that long, you can always move the throttle tube (and RS switch) in further on the bar as well
(you may have to re-drill the bar or remove the tab for the RS bar switch)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to clarify for the longer grips, don't cut thru the outer, what you see / touch part.

BUT, cut out the very end of the grip, just big enough for your weights to go back in..

For the throttle end, a knats hair wider so the grip doesn't drag on the weight

If the grips are that long, you can always move the throttle tube (and RS switch) in further on the bar as well
(you may have to re-drill the bar or remove the tab for the RS bar switch)

Great, should've move the bars grips and switches, but I already super glued(left side one) and didn't got that idea in the beginning. nice idea for others who want to upgrade.

Will do some measurements and upload the pics here. Probably tomorrow evening, when I go to Linus's place for oil change.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I realize you have invested time and money, but I easily reduced vibes by simply installing Grab-on Grip Puppies over my stock grips. Grip cement helps but might be unnecessary IMO all M/C grips are too small in diameter for comfort. These help in both regards. Good luck.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I realize you have invested time and money, but I easily reduced vibes by simply installing Grab-on Grip Puppies over my stock grips. Grip cement helps but might be unnecessary IMO all M/C grips are too small in diameter for comfort. These help in both regards. Good luck.

I love my Grip Puppies that are simply pulled over the stock grips.
A larger diameter, some cushioning, stock grips look new, and no glue.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site

I used to use such after market ones, similar to grip puppies, but they were too long and kind of holding the throttle, so, I switched to these.
Anyway, I tried, did some mistakes, you guys will learn :)

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Grip Puppies that are simply pulled over the stock grips.
A larger diameter, some cushioning, stock grips look new, and no glue.

BTW, the pain in the arm is after installing these grips, buzz vs vibes :)
The handlebar mounted mirrors, kind of shake like Harley Davidson ones :)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use such after market ones, similar to grip puppies, but they were too long and kind of holding the throttle, so, I switched to these.
Anyway, I tried, did some mistakes, you guys will learn :)

You have to trim down the Grip puppies... Their long to start with.

A quick snip with a pair of scissors and its a custom fit..

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to trim down the Grip puppies... Their long to start with.

A quick snip with a pair of scissors and its a custom fit..

Quick update.
I was washing the bike today and found the bolt that holds the frame slider to the engine frame is loose (almost came off). A quick hand tight fixed major vibes, but I'll work trimming the handlebar grip to mount the OEM weights.
I'll re-torque the engine mount bolts tomorrow. Sunil said he has a manual torque wrench (the one with the needle).
Thanks for the help.