FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the mounts were under spec. i put them to 41ft lbs. Marginal difference, not sure if there was a placebo effect or not. So I'm still open to suggestions ;)

This is sad but it is the path I'm on. My bike is an 08 US model. It didn't make 2000 miles since the last cut (wire) trim and the vibes are back, The coil wires appear to have a manufacture date of 2007 imprinted on the wire not the cover glued on the wire. I have ordered Fleebay coils, wires, and caps from a pre 07 bike. This gives me the option of using these or cannibalizing one of the sets to install my own wires. Something must give as I can totally tell when the wires induce this issue. Mine starts at 4K and goes to the end. Most noticeable in the seat, then to a lesser extent bars, and pegs. Its like no other vibe so I know its the ignition as it runs great. The new used parts appear to look good so I may just swap them in as is and see what it does whit NO other changes - i.e. plugs or caps. Just drop them in as all the caps tightened down firm.

I'll keep you posted as I'm in the same boat.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if your exhaust is stock or not but it can get all bound up and induce a small amount of vibes into the chassis. Still, its a drop in the bucket compared to what the ignition can do.
- Tighten the header bolts at the head

Loosen the following:
- header rear mount
- mid pipe clamps top, bottom, and frame mount
- rear muffler hanger

Wiggle the midpipe, get the header loose at the rear hanger where it points up to midpipe and then snug up that mount.
Wiggle the muffler so its free and able to find its happy spot.
Tighten the LOWER Clamp at the header
Tighten the frame mount
Tighten the muffler
Tighten the midpipe to muffler clamp.

The goal here is to confirm that none of the exhaust is bound rigid against a mount as it induces vibes into the chassis. All mounts should be centered so the exhaust can grow when its hot. It does move.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is sad but it is the path I'm on. My bike is an 08 US model. It didn't make 2000 miles since the last cut (wire) trim and the vibes are back, The coil wires appear to have a manufacture date of 2007 imprinted on the wire not the cover glued on the wire. I have ordered Fleebay coils, wires, and caps from a pre 07 bike. This gives me the option of using these or cannibalizing one of the sets to install my own wires. Something must give as I can totally tell when the wires induce this issue. Mine starts at 4K and goes to the end. Most noticeable in the seat, then to a lesser extent bars, and pegs. Its like no other vibe so I know its the ignition as it runs great. The new used parts appear to look good so I may just swap them in as is and see what it does whit NO other changes - i.e. plugs or caps. Just drop them in as all the caps tightened down firm.

I'll keep you posted as I'm in the same boat.

Non-conductive silicone and compression fitting:
DSC_9023C_zpsgyw69teq.jpg

Returning to Original Thread..... CLICK! More details and pictures. Coils Replaced!